Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Ontario so not sure if that changes anything.
But I just bought a 2016 last week and got the standard 3 year warranty.
Now I am reading about people getting lifetime warranty, just wondering if anyone has gotten that ? If so I have 2 questions:
1. Can I do it through chrysler Canada instead of the dealer because I bought mine from a dealer 4 hours away.
2. Can I add that on now that I already took delivery of the truck ?
Thanks guys !!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
No lifetime warranty that I know of in Canada.

I am in Ontario so not sure if that changes anything.
But I just bought a 2016 last week and got the standard 3 year warranty.
Now I am reading about people getting lifetime warranty, just wondering if anyone has gotten that ? If so I have 2 questions:
1. Can I do it through chrysler Canada instead of the dealer because I bought mine from a dealer 4 hours away.
2. Can I add that on now that I already took delivery of the truck ?
Thanks guys !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK that sucks! After reading everyones concerns about air ride suspension and electronics made me think lifetime warranty isn't a bad idea
So what is everyone's recommendations and thoughts on warranty anyways?? Right now I just have the standard 3yr
Also got the rust inhibitor and undercoating that is lifetime warranty?? I heard that's a scam, any experience with that ?? Because looking at what they sprayed on I find it hard to believe this little wax will stop rust forever lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Honestly I couldn't tell you if you can get a lifetime warranty or not in Canada but you can shop around at different dealerships and find one that will give you a better deal. The dealership where I got my truck wanted close to $7000.00 for it but found another that sold it to me for $2300.00. I would call/email Fiat-Chrysler and see if it would be honored if you did then go from there. (make sure you get it in writing)

As for rust protection you got, I didn't get it because I felt it was a waste of money but that is my opinion but if it gives you peace of mind (which apparently it does since you already bought it) there is nothing wrong with that. I purchased the lifetime warranty which people think is a waste as well but as I said gives me piece of mind, especially since I do not plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
joeypuck,

I purchased mine from Zeller Motors out of Kansas. I found out about this dealership from other members on Dodge/Ram forums. I called them up and that was the price offered to me so naturally I took it. The warranty is the Lifetime Maximum Care from MOPAR with $100.00 deductible.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went online to Mopar and they wanted $3700 for the lifetime as well. So I looked around a little and found a dealer that sold it for $2600, and they will take interest free payments for 12 or 18 months. There is just too many expensive parts on this truck to try and fix it myself. I think it will give me more peace of mind, and allow me to enjoy the Rebel a lot more, and not have to worry about breaking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in the States now, but moving to Canada.

Do you think the Lifetime Warranty will qualify if bought prior to my move or change in residence?

MIARebel

·
Registered
94 Posts
MIARebel,
I wouldn't be able to tell you honestly but I would think it would since you got it before hand while you were living in the states. Best bet is to call MOPAR Warranty and ask them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anybody had any experience with the lifetime warranty outside there original warranty? Can you purchase from any dealership and use at any dealership?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anybody had any experience with the lifetime warranty outside there original warranty? Can you purchase from any dealership and use at any dealership?
Yes, the Max Care Lifetime service contract is available from any dealer and you are covered at every dealer.

There is a guy that caters to Jeep Wrangler owners on the forums for the Max Care at $100 over cost, many many Jeep owners call him and buy from his dealership regardless of where they live. It is a simple phone call, email the quote/contract to you, and you buy over the phone. It is not an aftermarket/third party plan, it is a FCA plan.

The fellow you all want to talk to is:
Tom Winkles
Finance Manager
HAYES JEEP
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, MI. 49008
269-488-2080

The way it works is that you get the lifetime service plan with $500, $100 or $0 deductible. This covers your FCA for the life of the vehicle or until the cost of a single claim is greater than the residual value of your vehicle. At that point, they cut you a check for the residual value amount ad you can choose to add cash to it to cover the repair or use it as a down payment on another vehicle... or for beer and blow. But the contract is terminated at this point, you and FCA has ended the deal.

You may not modify the vehicle. A lift, cold air intake, anything that changes the designed systems of the vehicle voids the contract. Being that this is NOT the manufacturers warranty (it is a lifetime SERVICE CONTRACT), Mag/Moss does not apply at all. Your still free to use aftermarket oil/air filters and the such, but a KN intake is a design change and absolutely grounds for voiding the contract.

If you keep your vehicle stock and just do appearance based changes like paint/stickers and other simple things... the Max Care service contract is a fantastic deal. Also note that is NOT transferable. When you set up the contract you name 2 people who own the vehicle that are covered. That can never change. So you and your wife/husband go on it but 6 years from now you pass the vehicle to your child off at school in another state.... they can not take it in for warranty work under this contract.

I have the Max Care on my 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, I do not on my heavily modified Wrangler, I do not on my Rebel as it is a lease with no plans on keeping it. I paid $2400 for the Max Care from Tom Winkles @ Hayes. Call him up.

Tom Winkles
Finance Manager
HAYES JEEP
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, MI. 49008
269-488-2080

·
Registered
126 Posts
Larry - very interesting. Thank you for the details. I will definitely inquire.

I use Red Auto Protection for all my cars. I purchase the warranty after the factory warranty expires. It is a third party warranty vendor but the coverage a very comprehensive. What they do is extend the coverage for another 100k miles on the odometer or 5 years from the day you purchase the warranty. It has a $100 deductible. It is also transferrable which adds a little value to the resale. I had it on my 2011 VW GTI, had the radiator replaced, both fuel pumps and other stuff on the car that was covered under this warranty. I currently have it on my 2010 Benz GL450 and recently had the strut replaced ($1900 service). I am extremely satisfied with it. If i am not mistaken they will do another 100k miles or 5 years after the 1st coverage laps.

I was able to sell my GTI for a $2k over market because of the warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't throw away $2300-$7000 for a false sense of security. Read your warranty!

I would verify that the warranty provided is written from the manufacturer, and not a third party company. Having been in the Automotive industry for over 15 years, I have dealt with these "lifetime warranty" companies and you would be surprised what is not covered. Most require a slew of information before approving a large claim. Oil change receipts, fluid samples, out of pocket teardowns, and 3rd party verification of component failures, are all issues I have been asked from a third party warranty company. This could take weeks to have your truck repaired. Some companies also have a high deductible or a price cap ($5k parts and labor) and may also cap the flat rate labor fee, (which the shop/dealer may pass on to you). Also, Oil seepage is typically acceptable and leaks are not covered unless the leak is "dripping." Additionally, Warranty companies have also began to deny devices that typically cause the check engine light, such as Emission control devices (EGR, EVAP, Secondary Air.)

Last I knew, the Chrysler lifetime warranty was pretty solid. I know it is non transferrable, and required you to have an inspection every 5 years from a Certified Dealer, The catcher is, if any recommended repairs are not performed by the dealer, or any repairs are made in between inspections without genuine Mopar Parts the warranty is void. The dealers have also been cited for charging up to $800 for this inspection.

This is all from personal experience. I challenge you to use the Googleator and do your own research.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OP....

Lifetime warranty, not Available in Canada.

Protection Package (rust, paint sealer, undercoating, ect.), More information required....

Who holds the liability on the work provided with the protection package? You should have gotten some kind of certificate with your financing contracts. If it was a company called First Canadian I can answer any questions you have. If not First Canadian (fcpp) let me know who is and I can give you an educated answer on any questions you may have, but I may not be 100% correct and you should contact your finance manager and have him explain everything you you. Also it is not a scam to get the protection package, I have been in car sales for 10 years and I put a protection package on my new Rebel and I put one on my wife's New 75th Anniversary Wrangler if that makes you feel any better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts