Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got done installing led headlights and 52inch curved light led light bar will post pics here shortly but tell yeah it looks mean :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I understand the fogs/driving lights are LED but the headlights are standard incandescent? If so I think that's stupid. Can't wait too see the pics.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Has anyone installed the Diode Dynamics HID kit for the projector headlights? seems like a good deal. Looking for reviews or ideas.

Low Beam HID Conversion Kit for 2015 Dodge Ram (projector) - Ram 1500 - Ram Trucks - Products By Vehicle
Not sure if you've seen it but this was a review posted on that website:

I recently purchased this product for my 2014 Ram 1500 with factory projector headlights. I chose the 6000K bulbs because it just about perfectly matches the XML2 LED fog light bulbs I purchased at the same time. The kit is pretty self-explanatory to wire and the ballasts can be mounted nicely with 3M adhesive pads. They make a huge difference in light output and provide a cool crisp color that adds a custom look. I'm very pleased with this product. (Posted on July 20, 2015)
Which brings up a question of brightness... which out of the lighting range would you prefer?

(i'm going to get a poll going on this)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I live in a cold climate and I had heard LED are not good because they have no heat. The head lights can freeze and snow over.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I live in a cold climate and I had heard LED are not good because they have no heat. The head lights can freeze and snow over.
You might want to confirm that with a community like retrofit source, some Canadian members might be able to give you a better idea.

At worst you'd have to wait a bit from a cold start for the vehicle to heat up, which of course is something that should done anyways for optimal performance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Coming from the jeep world this was a Huge Problem with the TruckLight LED headlights. They don't produce enough heat to melt the snow / ice, and we are talking VA winters so nothing extreme. Now i know TL is now making new versions with heated lenses to fix this problem.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Wasn't TruckLight's LED headlight geared more towards the jeep? It worked fine as the ice was directly on the light but if you put it in the ram it'll have another layer of plastic to get the heat through before melting the ice.

·
Registered
462 Posts
They can always use the same defrosting system that's used on windsheilds which can be implemented in such a way it's hidden enough to a point that it doesn't take away from how the headlight appears. Plus its cheap, easy tech they already have.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Would the defrosting system for windshields word for headlights? The warm air is circulated from inside the cabin so for it to work on headlights, it'll need to be between the headlight bulb and the plastic cover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts