Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone. I just purchased a 2017 Rebel, and have a few of the standard upgrades in the works...Carven exhaust, pedal commander, kicker speaker upgrade, LED bulbs for the interior, etc.

I want to upgrade the headlights, and I'm wondering what brand people have used. I am also confused about whether I'll need separate high and low beam bulbs, and whatever add-on to prevent "codes" being thrown.

Any suggestions or links would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do a bit or research and youll find that most people suggest HID for low beams. LEDs do not work well with the projector style headlights we have. And yes, youll need separate bulbs for highs and lows.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats on the your new Rebel. Nice choice on exhaust.. I love my Carven exhaust..
I upgraded to LED, I have not had any issues so far. I put in OPT7 . kit # 90314-00004

·
Registered
6 Posts
After trying HID, I eventually changed housings and went with the Morimoto XB LED headlights. They put out some pretty good light output, and the sequential turn signal is a nice touch.

Also, have your dealer add the code for DRL, with the projectors you'll want them to use the LM5 code, the other codes would just turn on your actual headlight, not the turn signal aspect. Took me calling a couple of dealerships to get one that would do it, two would try and charge me an hour of technician time, even if they couldn't do it. Third one said they'd charge me, but did it for free and took about 10 minutes.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts