Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading and have found the cool mod with adjust height simply by moving the plastic sensor arms. But I don't want to effect the factory lift. I'm just wondering if it's possible to go larger tires without changing the suspension. Has anyone looked into this ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't see why not. Similar sized tread.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have not used entry exit mode but not sure why I ever would with wheels fully turned? Personally, I think they would rub hard in that mode. Only time I'm making lock to lock turns is in Normal or offroad and no rubbing at all. 315 70 17 Cooper MTP's

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks clean. I want to get 35s just a little worried ya know ?
Many have put 315/70R17 size tires on their Rebel with no modifications and no problems at all. I plan on putting on that size if/when I ever have to replace the stock tires. It's when people are putting spacers/changing the offset that they are having issues with rubbing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
With 315's and spacers get ready to cut your plastic wheel wells up. No more rubbing

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks clean. I want to get 35s just a little worried ya know ?
35's will look pretty silly with no lift at all and will rub the inner plastic fender well at the rear of the front lower left corner on full lock left turn. 35's just fill up the wheel well to the point it looks stuffed. jmo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if you can go with a 20x9 rim with a 275 70r 20 and not have any issues with the air ride or rubbing on the tires? I want to switch out the stock 17's. I do a lot of highway miles to work up and back every day but don't like the way the stock tires feel at 70mph

·
Registered
67 Posts
It does not look "stuffed" at all.

In my opinion the factory tires look small. We put on the 35's and it looks the way it should have come.

Contrary to Roomraiders thoughts, there is no rub anywhere at any turn angle, at any suspension height.

Attached pic is in Normal mode. Sorry for the bad cellphone pic. 315/70/17 BFG KO2's

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Does anyone know if you can go with a 20x9 rim with a 275 70r 20 and not have any issues with the air ride or rubbing on the tires? I want to switch out the stock 17's. I do a lot of highway miles to work up and back every day but don't like the way the stock tires feel at 70mph
For what it's worth, I ran 275/65R20s (34.4" tire) on my old Sport's (no air suspension) stock 20s and had 0 problems. I thought it looked great, too. I'm considering that setup on my Rebel.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It does not look "stuffed" at all.

In my opinion the factory tires look small. We put on the 35's and it looks the way it should have come.

Contrary to Roomraiders thoughts, there is no rub anywhere at any turn angle, at any suspension height.

Attached pic is in Normal mode. Sorry for the bad cellphone pic. 315/70/17 BFG KO2's
Well I certainly didn't post for a debate about my experience with 35's on a Rebel.

I mounted Toyo R/T's 35/12.5/R17's which are true 35's not BFG's which are by far, no comparison.

The pic you posted is undeniably in OFFROAD mode, hence lifted. What does it look like after driving it over 25 mph and it drops down to normal mode?;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
These are true 35's

·
Registered
660 Posts
Not to argue, Roomraider, just wondering: Toyo sells the same series of tires in 315/70r17 and 35x12.5r17. That's a fairly close match, off only by about 1/4" on sidewall height and 1/4" in width. Makes me wonder if they aren't selling exactly the same tire but with different side labeling. Has anyone actually measure these tires in either size, or is everyone just working from Toyo's marketing?

I ask because others have pointed out before that tires are frequently off from manufacturers' specs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts