Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't back from a trip from va-Iowa-va in a little over 4 days. 31 total driving hours. I was hoping for a little better mileage but I was fighting a 15mph headwind the entire way out. Plus those **** west Virginia mountains can kill some mileage. I also had the bed full of luggage and stuff. And 4 adults. So I guess 16.9 mpg wasn't that bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Am I reading the EVIC correctly and you have an aggregate 17.8MPG over 6,733 miles? If so, that is significantly better mileage than I am getting over the first 1,000 miles I've owned my truck, which is 12.9 MPG.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were you mostly travelling on the highway and country roads? Yeah highway (70 & 74) most of the way except in the mountains
Am I reading the EVIC correctly and you have an aggregate 17.8MPG over 6,733 miles? If so, that is significantly better mileage than I am getting over the first 1,000 miles I've owned my truck, which is 12.9 MPG.
17.8 is just for the current tank. But I was able to get 18.3 for one tank including 85mph runs on flat ground.

·
Registered
510 Posts
That's pretty good. What is your driving like normally, in terms of terrain, heavy foot, how much weight you are carrying?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's pretty good. What is your driving like normally, in terms of terrain, heavy foot, how much weight you are carrying?
West of Columbus was flat and east was mostly mountains. I was pretty easy on it 70-73 but my uncle had a heavy foot. 85-90. I had the bed full of luggage and random stuff the grandparents gave me but nothing super heavy. I think what hurt the most was the 15mph headwind the entire way out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts