Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jalopnik had a reviewer flown down to Arizona by Ram to try out the Rebel. They then wrote a substantial first drive review. Here I've posted a link to the full review and I have also clipped some quotes here to give you a general idea of what to expect.

Enjoy!

The Ram Rebel is no Ford Raptor fighter. Chrysler (or anybody else) isn’t interested in doing that, probably for the same reason nobody’s building a Wrangler rival. Walls are thick around the segment king’s castle.
Those who want a really rugged truck will have to build their own, those who want a truck that’s nice to drive on the road, gets decent gas mileage, and is still fun to drive in dirt once in awhile can get something like the Ram Rebel.
The interior’s extremely well appointed with surprisingly high-quality surface materials and agreeable ergonomics. Cutesy tire-tread patterns on the seats match the actual OEM Toyos. It’s luxurious but not all blingy about it... so you don’t have to feel like a pansy for driving a soft-saddled work rig.
Then there was the problem of power. Not a lack of it, just not being able to get to it. The Rebel has many tiers of traction control. You can turn off one of them in 2WD, but the vehicle still cuts power at the first sign of shenanigans. Great for keeping you from killing yourself on a slick road, bad for doing donuts.
First Drive: We Figured Out What The Ram Rebel Is By Trying To Kill It

·
Registered
462 Posts
Surprised they didn't mention anything about what some are saying is overkill on red throughout the interior, they kept coverage on the interior quite short too being impressed with it:

The interior’s extremely well appointed with surprisingly high-quality surface materials and agreeable ergonomics. Cutesy tire-tread patterns on the seats match the actual OEM Toyos. It’s luxurious but not all blingy about it... so you don’t have to feel like a pansy for driving a soft-saddled work rig.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Surprised they didn't mention anything about what some are saying is overkill on red throughout the interior, they kept coverage on the interior quite short too being impressed with it:

i rather hear about how it performs since that's what we're really here for with what's offered in the Rebel's setup.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You see the interior of your car the most though so I do think its important. You don't have to love it, but you should at least not dislike it. I do think they should have turned down the red a notch or two. It's just a little too much for my taste.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts