Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a 2016 black Rebel. We owned a white 2011 Ram 1500 Bighorn before our Rebel. Our white truck was beauuuutiful. I am having a hard time transitioning to the black. So many people have made fun of the front end of the Rebel. Saying it looks cheap...I die inside a little each time. I haven't told my husband this yet but I am starting to regret our purchase we spent quite a bit of money on this truck. Most of the people who have made fun are Ford owners...and to me Fords are all around ugly and sound like pieces of ****. My husband used to own a F-350 work truck and it was always in the shop. So convince me my truck is frigging fantastic! I know, I know it's my truck who gives a crap what other people think or say but it is making me feel slightly uneasy about the purchase...resale wise. I would hate to drive around in an ugly truck. ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
We just bought a 2016 black Rebel. We owned a white 2011 Ram 1500 Bighorn before our Rebel. Our white truck was beauuuutiful. I am having a hard time transitioning to the black. So many people have made fun of the front end of the Rebel. Saying it looks cheap...I die inside a little each time. I haven't told my husband this yet but I am starting to regret our purchase we spent quite a bit of money on this truck. Most of the people who have made fun are Ford owners...and to me Fords are all around ugly and sound like pieces of ****. My husband used to own a F-350 work truck and it was always in the shop. So convince me my truck is frigging fantastic! I know, I know it's my truck who gives a crap what other people think or say but it is making me feel slightly uneasy about the purchase...resale wise. I would hate to drive around in an ugly truck. ?
ya the grill is kinda gay, you'll get used to it though. it's not a cheap truck though. i love the interior.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think you are just letting ford fan boys get under your skin. I used to be a ford fan, and then a domestic only fan. Now I look at everything with equal opportunity. I work on a large Naval base and get complimented on my truck a lot, (mine is black as well) the guys a at the gate see hundreds of vehicles including customized trucks every day. So I think for them to say something means a lot. I couldn't see them complementing my truck if it was a ford, or a tundra. (I think Tundras are the best looking truck besides the Rebel or a customized 2500.). The grill is something different so not everyone is going to like it at first, every day I'm seeing the grill grow on more and more people. When the rebel first came out all I saw on you tube comments were how ugly the front grill, and rear ram lettering was. Now you see people driving sports wanting to put the rebel grill on there truck. I don't think the front looks cheap at all, and it definitely doesn't feel cheap.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I think the Rebel bumper is one of the best looking ones I've seen with great character. IMO, Ford trucks all have a similar front, it's basically a rectangle and not that great looking.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Every day I see something that someone else finds attractive and that I do not. I also see things I like that others do not. "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder," as Plato wrote. Even in the Rebel forums, some guys like the trim and some do not.

The Rebel sells very well. It's clear that a certain segment of the population find it cool. Who cares about the rest? Someone's got to buy those ugly old Fords.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't own one and passed on one when I bought my Big Horn because I wasn't totally "sold" on the look; however, a few months later, I think the Rebel is a good looking truck all the way around. Sure the grill is not the greatest, but it's not horrible either and I really like the front bumper and would like to see the regular Rams get a similar bumper.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I never had one person say my truck was ugly. everyone that commented on my truck has said the truck looks F**king awesome or it looks so badass.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've had 4 different people come up to my black rebel and compliment it. Never once did that happen in my previous Ram Sport, Silverado, F150 or Nissan.

My 13 year old nephew said it was "sick", too. I'm pretty sure that's a compliment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My wife took the truck to Victoria to pick up our son last week, about a 1400 km round trip, she said everywhere she went guys came up to her to say how cool her truck was. Drove her nuts, yeah my wife is pretty hot so I am not 100% sure it just wasnt an excuse to hit on her, but I have also gotten nothing but compliments on it. I bought it because its a unique trim package, and frankly if RAM put this front end on their regular trucks I will be the first one to dump it and find something else different again. I dont want a regular truck and most of the other ones I looked at looked were pretty plain. Only other one I considered was a raptor ( flame suit on, but keep in mind i went with the rebel).

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had a girl tell me she really liked my truck this morning. I don't get many compliments. It might need more accessories !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
....Most of the people who have made fun are Ford owners...
The ones driving "sound enhanced" V6's are making fun of the Rebel?

The new grill and bold lettering drew me to the Rebel. The 5.7L Hemi, air-suspension, Rambox cargo management and off-road features sold me. The Rebel is a nice looking truck in any color.

Ford makes good vehicles, but I'd choose the Rebel all over again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I remember the first week I had my Rebel I was filling up at the gas station and some dude on motorcycle ran over and praised it. He actually said the Rebel makes the Raptor "look like a toy", I laughed inside when he said that, but it was cool to see someone so excited to see a Rebel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am really confused on why you really care what other people think? Do you think your truck is ugly or do you think is great? It is always same no matter what area of vehicles you are in. The camaro guys make fun of the mustangs who make fun of the charger. I get the remarks from the guys at work .. They are all Chevy guys. But the fact remains.. I love my truck and i could not careless what they think because they do not have to drive it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a compliment just today about how this person love my truck. I get compliments all the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got told my Rebel was a Cheap truck with a crappy front end. Then I go over and tap on the METAL front bumper. Most people get suprised as they think it is plastic. Most people don't know these trucks are actually built right!

I just have no Idea why they didn't go ahead and put HID in the projects instead of regular lights.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Buy what you want and like. Other people will not be paying for your truck so you should not give two craps about what others think of anything you drive or own for that matter.

I did not buy my truck expecting compliments. I bought it because I like it. By the way, I also bought a v6 which many people have their own personal opinions about. Point is buy what you want and like. If you need convincing then this may not be the right truck for you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I honestly never had any one say the front does not look good. every person sees the truck comments on how nice and aggressive the front is. forget the ford people, I think other than the raptor, all their trucks are pretty ugly

·
Registered
436 Posts
I don't own one yet but I went out and managed to see a black one parked in the parking lot. I lost my mind and immediately started acting like a little fan boy oogling over it. I love everything about them ! Be proud of that purchase !!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts