Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the standard console with one that has the homelink feature.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It was very easy to do, it took about 10 minutes. Mine had the rear window switch, and compass module so all of the wiring was already there. I just pulled the stock console down from the back. There are 4 clips (2 on the back and 2 on the sides) that hold it in place, and the front of it hooks in the headliner. So do not pull it down from the front. I could not find one with the black trim so I unsnapped mine and put it on the new one. The new one I purchased off ebay was advertised for a 2013-2015 part number: 1VG10BD1AA. Consoles made before 2013 will not work. There are four wire harnesses that are real short, so use a small screwdriver to help unclip the clips. The front connector is the one that powers the compass and homelink module.

Attachments

Reactions: Anywaytothetop

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Nice! I am planning on doing this too. My old truck had it and when I took delivery of the Rebel, I was bummed when I got home and realized that mine didn't have it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! I am planning on doing this too. My old truck had it and when I took delivery of the Rebel, I was bummed when I got home and realized that mine didn't have it.
I missed it also, so I figured that if I kept checking into it, it would figure out how to do install one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts