Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't available on 2015s, but is now a $100 option on the 2016s. Wondering if I can get this installed on mine for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
510 Posts
... there isn't climate control? I would believe that the Ram Rebel has both heat and AC in all models. Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I think that it would be harder than just buying the bezel and plugging the plugs in. I believe that it would require a change/update to the onboard computer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke to a rep at RamTrucks, and they called my dealer's service department to ask them about it ( ? ). I didn't ask my dealer directly, because they were the ones that told me this wasn't going to be an option on the 2016s.

They said it's a different wiring harness and cannot be done, even after I asked about installing the different wiring harness. No further explanation was given, or available.

Considering they installed an integrated brake controller after-the-fact, activated the NAV after the fact, and when you select the $100 Auto Climate Control option on a 2016 it doesn't say anything has to be changed even if you have the basic radio. Seems to me it would be a bezel change, software update, and maybe some sensors installed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts