Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that some of you definitely know this answer. How should the HID bulb return wire be pointed in oem projectors?.....up or down? I remember the oem projector’s bulb holder is not intended for HID bulbs and their return wire, so as a result you can end up with a shadow when your low beams are on from the return wire. I rather not have that if I can help it. Also, has anyone managed to correct it somehow?.....for example, clipping the HID bulb tabs to allow you to put the HID bulb’s return wire in at a different location? I appreciate the help/advice!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I installed mine with the tabs aligned up in the stock location. I do not see the shadows you are talking about, as these hid bulbs are brighter than ****. I would not get excited about something you saw on the web. I will give you a real life, they work great, even if they have a shadow. The drivers side is HID, and the light side is oem bulb. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed mine with the tabs aligned up in the stock location. I do not see the shadows you are talking about, as these hid bulbs are brighter than ****. I would not get excited about something you saw on the web. I will give you a real life, they work great, even if they have a shadow. The drivers side is HID, and the light side is oem bulb. :)
Actually, this is my 2nd HID kit I've installed. The 1st one was on my 2014 Sport and the driver's side had a return wire shadow, but I didn't care much because it was cancelled out by my crazy bright LED fogs. The HID kit that I put into my 2016 Rebel has the return wire shadow on both sides, but they are way off to the sides and in the same spot...looks like it's supposed to be like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts