Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some of you guys followed the delivery process pretty closely. My new toy has been sitting at the rail or on the rail for a week or so. Dealer doesn't have a clue as to when it'll be moved to the dealership. What were some of the wait times you guys experienced?

·
Registered
57 Posts
At 5 weeks. Still waiting. Sales guys told me end of the month in February. I think he was too ambitious. I was told 8-12 weeks when I signed the order.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Keep in mind, it might be at the end of the rail line sitting in a yard (distribution center) waiting for enough vehicles to make a truck load to your area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just cant believe that you can order a t-shirt from amazon for $5 and track it from the distribution center to my door and a 55k truck just sits without any reliable way to find out where it went.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The plant is less than 100 miles from where I live. It better not be on a train car anywhere. If it is that means it went 300+ miles out of the way.

Then again... In today's era of just in time inventory and stupid distribution ideas I wouldn't put it past them. In their head it might make sense to send it to Toronto and then send it back to Sarnia on a truck. In fact since it is being imported I bet that is exactly what it will be doing.

Out of my control. I'll just wait like a good boy. The odometer should still be under 50 kms when I get it. My FX-4 had 62 kms and 40 of those were my test drive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered a loaded 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and it arrived in 19 days...from order date to my garage. My dealer said it was unbelievably fast. He was expecting 6 to 8 weeks.

Ordered a 2016 Ram Rebel in early September 2015 and it didn't show up until mid-November 2015. Drove me crazy. All I can tell you is that it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
660 Posts
This is exactly the reason I bought mine off a lot. I just got on ramtrucks.com, did a current inventory search in a 200 mile radius, and found one that had the options I wanted. Found one just under 100 miles away. Once decided, called them in advance to let them know I was coming to look at it, drove there, and drove home with it. I don't see much reason for screwing around with special orders if there's already one out there the way I want. It's too easy to search. And it gave the wife and me a reason to enjoy some scenery and have lunch and dinner in an area we've never visited before.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got the call today and it's here. My wife and I went and took a look at it and we take delivery Wednesday as it still needs the spray-in bedliner done. It was 4 weeks and 6 days. Not bad when they originally told me 8-12 weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts