Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had the chance to take the Rebel in to the detail shop today for a custom made hood decal. I like the looks of the stock one that comes on the Limited and other Ram hoods, but I wanted a little personal touch on mine. So I had the shop make decal that looks like the oem, but had them round the front outer edges, and add REBEL ghost graphics on each side above the hood scoope. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks really nice. One question though. What are your thoughts on actually painting the hood? I am looking at that option instead of the decal. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks really nice. One question though. What are your thoughts on actually painting the hood? I am looking at that option instead of the decal. What are your thoughts?
Thank you, I had thoughts about painting the hood at first, but I wanted the ghost rebel graphics on it. Plus the vinyl is warrantied for life, and the install is warrantied for 5 years. And if I want to change the design, it will be easy, versed repainting. I had the choice of different textures from carbon fiber, matt, semi-gloss to gloss finish.
But painting will work great also.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i hear you. i guess it boils down to preference at the end of the day. the decal definitely looks nice and the ghost label looks slick.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the reply's.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
That looks awesome! Best looking set of hood stripes I've seen. I like the "Rebel" in it - very unique.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was made at a local detail shop.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
May I ask where you got it and If I can purchase it myself too !
They do not have then for sale. Each one is custom made on the truck. They layout the shape by hand on the hood with some king of layout tape, then make the decal from it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hood decal

That looks great, I tried 2 times to have the dealer install the decal, both times they had trouble, so I took and had it line-x love it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks great, I tried 2 times to have the dealer install the decal, both times they had trouble, so I took and had it line-x love it.
Thank you. I also heard that a dealer could have troubles with the install. So I went to a local custom trim shop that was closer than my dealer is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts