Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replace the stock Halogen low beam headlights with a HID kit. It sure makes a difference. The only time consuming part was finding a good place for the resisters. :D

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
When I first got my truck, I couldn't find an HID kit as it was right when 15's first came out and I couldn't get the error code canceler to work right. What system did you end up going with? I had a 14 Ram and had HIDs with no error codes and would like that with my 15 Rebel but haven't tried again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
560 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I first got my truck, I couldn't find an HID kit as it was right when 15's first came out and I couldn't get the error code canceler to work right. What system did you end up going with? I had a 14 Ram and had HIDs with no error codes and would like that with my 15 Rebel but haven't tried again.
I ordered low beam HID and a High beam LED kit from The Auto LED. The owner of the company actually owns a Rebel himself. Got the information from a member on another Ramrebel forum (ramrebel.org). Came out to $320 USD for all, free shipping. I have not installed yet.

Best way to contact him is messaging him on Facebook, The Auto LED. He will get back to you within the hour with all of the detailed info on the prodcuct. There is actually a picture on his page of a Rebel with the HIDs installed.

Let him know Louis from the Maple Leafs referred you.

Cheers.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAutoLED/?ref=page_internal

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered low beam HID and a High beam LED kit from The Auto LED. The owner of the company actually owns a Rebel himself. Got the information from a member on another Ramrebel forum (ramrebel.org). Came out to $320 USD for all, free shipping. I have not installed yet.

Best way to contact him is messaging him on Facebook, The Auto LED. He will get back to you within the hour with all of the detailed info on the prodcuct. There is actually a picture on his page of a Rebel with the HIDs installed.

Let him know Louis from the Maple Leafs referred you.

Cheers.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAutoLED/?ref=page_internal
This is the kit I want to get from them. Look forward to see how the install goes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you pics of the HID output?
It's a 5000k or 6000k output option. The 5000k is closest to factory, so I order that one. I won't have it installed until 1st week of December, but will post when they are in.

·
Read Only
108 Posts
It's a 5000k or 6000k output option. The 5000k is closest to factory, so I order that one. I won't have it installed until 1st week of December, but will post when they are in.
oh ok. I was looking at the 4500K one since it's warmer and it's a little easier on the eyes at night.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you pics of the HID output?
Scott, I have the 35 Watt 5500K hids. Here are some photos I took to compare the difference between hid and stock bulbs before I replaced the right side. Low beam, High Beam, and one front the front to show the color difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I would like to add, that when I have the high beams on, the HID's light up the road just as bright as the 100 watt KC off road lights did on my 07 ram. And when I pull up on the turn signal arm to flash the stock Halogen high beams, I can hardly see them at all, because the low beams are so bright. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just ordered a HID kit from Diode Dynamics, waiting for them to come in and install. OP, the lights and color look great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installed my LED Highs and HID lows from The Auto LED in Canada today. I gotta say, this is the best setup I have had. The LED highs turn darkness into day. I love the fact that the lows stay on with the high beams. Here are some pictures.

HID Low vs. Stock Low:

LED High/HID Low vs. Stock High:

HID Low:

LED High/HID Low:

Reactions: johnj and MIARebel

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the install. It would of been nice if the rebel came with hid's from the factory. After seeing the difference between the hid's and stock after I did the uograde, the stock halogen lights are junk.

Reactions: emergency_ram12

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree 100%. GMC, Chevy, and Ford all updated their headlights so I do not know why FCA is so behind the power curve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts