Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

First time Ram owner so I decided to go with a Rebel! My father owned a Dakota for over 20 years and it still runs/drives today. So I figured, time to give Dodge a try.

I ve owner Fords (mistake), x2 Chevs, a Nissan 2nd Gen Xterra (great SUV) and a 2nd Gen Toyota Tacoma. Loved the Tacoma! But I loved the deal the local Dodge dealer was giving me for the Rebel.

I like to do most of my own maintenance and some basic mods. I m throwing around the idea of CAI, although at first glance it would appear that the rebel pretty much has a CAI. I m curious though as to how much air it moves? If anybody knows, please feel free to chime in.

I m also open to break in advice. I ve taken it very easy on the 5.7 semi thus far. I m also curious as to opinions on when to make the change to synthetic engine oil. I m hearing everything from right away to 25 000 k. Not sure what to believe...

Anyhow..I m Steve and I have an Alaskan malamute named Odin.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there. I just joined up today too.
This is my first Ram as well. I read in the manual that there is no “break in” period. The truck will begin to adjust how it all works to your driving style. I asked the guys at the dealer when I bought it last year, they agree. No break in period. They have had guys buy the truck and go straight to pick up their trailer and tow it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts