Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my 2017 Rebel on July 13. Today it's in D1 status. Can't wait to take it home. In the meantime, driving my wife to work in her new Charger (not a bad deal).

Also, tired of the summer heat in Phoenix. Ready for fall and winter. (Can't change the Michigan blood even after 11 years here in the desert. "You'll acclimate" my foot.)

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your purchase !

Driving the wifes charger doesn't sound too bad at all, but perhaps soon she'll stick you with it and take the rebel ?! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As of Friday afternoon, it was still in D1 status. As of this morning at 10 AM, it was in JS status ("shipped to storage")!!

The next status code is KZ ("released by plant, invoiced") and the KZx series (various stages of shipping to dealer).

Stackin, driving a brand new Charger isn't bad at all, but she's not getting the Rebel when it arrives. ;)

A5 Hemi & Stackin, yes, 2017s already! Sorry Biergott10. I don't think there's much difference, anyway. I noticed the packages had changed while ordering. For instance, the 7" LCD instrument cluster was standard this time around, I recall.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Truck is now JB ("shipped to body vendor") status. It's getting the bedlinen and stepsides.

Inching closer to being home!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rebel is now due to arrive at the dealer here in AZ between the 18th and the 24th. Sounds like it's on a train, at the moment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stackin, I'm dyin' over here! So close.

The truck left the rail yard in Clovis, NM this afternoon. 800-ish miles away. The "Last Event" in the shipping log shows, "Railcar Repair Complete (Bad Order Release)" at 2:27 PM. The ETA window to the Phoenix rail yard still shows as between the 18th and the 24th.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ordered my 2017 Rebel on July 13. Today it's in D1 status. Can't wait to take it home. In the meantime, driving my wife to work in her new Charger (not a bad deal).

Also, tired of the summer heat in Phoenix. Ready for fall and winter. (Can't change the Michigan blood even after 11 years here in the desert. "You'll acclimate" my foot.)
Thats funny, my wife has a 2015 charger also. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats funny, my wife has a 2015 charger also. lol
That IS funny. Is her name Nadine? ;)

So, the truck arrived at the Phoenix metro auto-delivery-thing rail yard this morning at 5 AM. Hopefully I get to see the thing at the dealer in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Drive it around the dealership first to make sure everything feels right! Congrats on the soon to be new Ram Rebel.
I sure will!

Also, just ordered a GatorTrax MX retractable bed cover. They're about to have a "fall sale" and the aluminum version of that cover is going to be $1,627 shipped. Took forever to decide on a cover. This one, while pretty pricey, seemed to be the hands-down winner for me.

Hoping the truck is at the dealership today or tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now? 100! It's here! Going to pick it up in a couple of hours! Dealer fleet guy sent me this a few minutes ago...

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, picked up the truck Friday evening. It. Is. AMAZING! I've been driving my wife's Charger for so long, driving the Rebel feels like driving a 25' moving truck!

I had the DeeZee tailgate assist at home already, so installed that in ten minutes Saturday morning. Best $30 spent, so far! I also ordered the GatorTrax MX aluminum retractable bed cover. They're having a sale, so it was about $175 off (~ $1,600). Should be here shortly.

LOVE the LED lighting everywhere: Bed, approach lights, etc. The Rambox is genius. The factory spray-in bedliner is great. When I picked it up, it had 10 miles on it. Only have about 120 miles on it, so far. I'm not a red vehicle fan, but the two-tone and all the black badges and accents make it the perfect amount of red.

The electronics are incredible, of course. It works with Siri on my iPhone flawlessly. The Uconnect app works pretty well. Occasionally on my wife's car, it wouldn't get the engine start message to the car. So far, on the Rebel, it's worked every time. The pushbutton raising and lowering of the suspension is just plain fun.

Here are some photos...

Attachments

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Installed the GatorTrax MX last weekend. Took maybe 30 minutes. It was quick and very easy and that thing is fantastic. Aluminum, rolls great, locks anywhere along the track, works great with the Ramboxes, fairly well weather-proofed (good placement of seals and drainage for the can where it rolls up), matte black to match the rest of the features on the truck... Great purchase. Very happy with it.

I've attached some photos of the cover installed...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts