Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize the price will vary a bit based on a few factors like trade in value, and if they allow double or triple security deposits. I'm also guessing the payments will be higher because they don't really know the resale value of a used Rebel yet. My guess is that it won't be very high.

Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has leased and if they would be willing to give the basics of their contract and the amount of their monthly payment

Thank you

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm leasing mine. Sticker was $53750. I put $2600 down and my payment is exactly $494.00 a month. 12k miles a year for 3 years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm leasing mine. Sticker was $53750. I put $2600 down and my payment is exactly $494.00 a month. 12k miles a year for 3 years.
Thank You! That is almost exactly what I'll be doing and was hoping to hear. Hopefully I can get very close to that payment

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am looking at leasing one by Jan 4th (that's when current deals end). Sticker $54,045. Chrysler CDI discount (employee discount for non employee which is $200 over employee price), $888 due at signing (1st month payment etc), 39 month lease thru Chrysler $513, 15K miles per year.

24 month thru US bank was $615 and Ally was $653
27 month thru Chrysler was $586
Got those numbers from dealer yesterday and then joined this forum to start seeing what mods are available. Never owned a dodge before.

Always owned GM fullsize trucks except my last 2 vehicles which have been Jeeps. Really wanted a Power Wagon but even though the sticker prices are only about $5K more, the lease payments are out of this world. $59,815 sticker on 2016 Power Wagon was $798 through US bank or $859 through Chrysler. That was same 15K miles per year, $888 due but was for 36 months vs 39 months on the Rebel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at leasing one by Jan 4th (that's when current deals end). Sticker $54,045. Chrysler CDI discount (employee discount for non employee which is $200 over employee price), $888 due at signing (1st month payment etc), 39 month lease thru Chrysler $513, 15K miles per year.

Got those numbers from dealer yesterday and then joined this forum to start seeing what mods are available. Never owned a dodge before.

Always owned GM fullsize trucks except my last 2 vehicles which have been Jeeps. Really wanted a Power Wagon but even though the sticker prices are only about $5K more, the lease payments are out of this world. $59,815 sticker on 2016 Power Wagon was $798 through US bank or $859 through Chrysler. That was same 15K miles per year, $888 due but was for 36 months vs 39 months on the Rebel.
Man that seems a little expensive. I owe $11,000 on my 2011 1500 Ram. Blue book says its valued at $17,000-18,500 with 32,000 miles on it. I'm hoping they'll give me at least 3K toward the Rebel to get those payments down. If I can't get it below $550 I don't think I'm going to do it

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jmech
Its pricey, but every 1K you put down, your numbers go down by $27 bucks. Not sure if Jrod250 got any Chrysler discounts, but by putting $2600 down taken from a 36 month lease, that turns out to be about $72 per month. Which at his $494 payment, would put him at $566 per month.

Its also about $12 bucks a more a month for my 15K miles per year then a 12K miles per year lease.

I want to keep it under $500 and I'm struggling to do it. I don't want to put money down on a lease.
Everyone's situation is different but for me personally, I don't like to put any money down on a lease. I am giving them money for what? To get a cheaper payment per month but at the end of the 36 or 39 months, I have nothing to show for it. I'd rather pay a slightly larger amount a month then shell out thousands of dollars that could be collecting interest in a savings account or in an "emergency fund" someplace then to give it to the dealer. Your money down will not change the residual value at the end of the lease. So it will still cost you the same amount to buy the truck from them if you so choose after the lease is over.
Good luck to you. I hope you get your truck soon and me too!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jmech
Its pricey, but every 1K you put down, your numbers go down by $27 bucks. Not sure if Jrod250 got any Chrysler discounts, but by putting $2600 down taken from a 36 month lease, that turns out to be about $72 per month. Which at his $494 payment, would put him at $566 per month.

Its also about $12 bucks a more a month for my 15K miles per year then a 12K miles per year lease.

I want to keep it under $500 and I'm struggling to do it. I don't want to put money down on a lease.
Everyone's situation is different but for me personally, I don't like to put any money down on a lease. I am giving them money for what? To get a cheaper payment per month but at the end of the 36 or 39 months, I have nothing to show for it. I'd rather pay a slightly larger amount a month then shell out thousands of dollars that could be collecting interest in a savings account or in an "emergency fund" someplace then to give it to the dealer. Your money down will not change the residual value at the end of the lease. So it will still cost you the same amount to buy the truck from them if you so choose after the lease is over.
Good luck to you. I hope you get your truck soon and me too!!!
Cool, thanks for the info! This is my first time leasing, I'm actually looking at leasing and trade advice articles right now heh. Good luck to you too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
i put down 3500 cash traded a 2011 cadillac srx with 59k got a high mileage lease for 39 months for 705 a month that with the mopar protection covers up to 5k in damages on the truck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i put down 3500 cash traded a 2011 cadillac srx with 59k got a high mileage lease for 39 months for 705 a month that with the mopar protection covers up to 5k in damages on the truck
Were you upside down on the cadillac? Seems like a very high monthly payment for that much cash+trade in. How many miles a year did you get?

·
Registered
33 Posts

That is a great deal mtudb24. I have pretty much the same sticker, 39 month, 15k/year and no money down @ $566 monthly. That is through CFC.

Jmec, This is my 4th leased Ram and they are always different but I never put money down. Hold onto your money, its yours. Ally was the lessor for my last truck, a '13 Sport w/ 55k miles. I still owed 3 payments, so they pick it up from the dealer, sell it then square with you after its sold. It sold for $1200 more than my residual so resale is pretty good I'd say.

Good luck, you'll love truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up buying a fully loaded 2016 yesterday. MSRP was 53,000 but with the holiday sales, being a USAA member and all the rebates I got it for 41,500. The only thing it didn't come with was bed liner/bed cover with dodge logo. I got 6400 for my trade in and put 3,000 cash down. My APR on 84 months was like 4.6 I think. My monthly payments are 555. I'm going to get bed liner and cover next month and the meanest and cleanest black side bar/steps I can find. I'm glad I ended up buying. I really feel like I'll be in love with this truck for a long time. I've never felt so happy about a new purchase. The luxury package is super bad ass. I'm really impressed with the sound system and sub wofer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What are yall's residule value looking like.

Mine is at 26500, I can't imagine in 3 years I will be able to find another truck for that kinda price, with low mileage. But honestly, I leased because I plan on going to a power wagon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2016 Ram Rebel! Leased thru Chrysler Capital with $1600 down 3yrs/12,000 miles for $427.35 a month! Traded in a 2013 Ram Bighorn with 35,000 miles on it. Dealer gave me $30,000 for trade!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts