Grill Badge blacked out

20K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  zephyr9900 
#1 ·
Blacked out grill RAM LETTERS.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: VaderRebel
#6 ·
Id like to do my RAM in White and the Skid plate in White to match the truck..... Hmmmmmm

#8 ·
I was gonna try the Plasti coat for skid plate and Ram in front with anthracite Grey Looks to be closer to the interior grey plastic trim. Has anyone ever used in past or have any trick or tips...I figure if I don't like it peels off. If I do like, and it doesn't hold up, I'll know if I am happy with the color choice and have redone, perhaps in same color in a lineX or something of that line.

Just got the Rebel home 4 days ago, but lot's of mods coming...pictures to follow after this week when quite a few should be done.

Cheers, and great forum guys.

#9 ·
#14 ·
There is lot of room on the back of ram letters. Stick some news paper back on it. Mask rest with masking tape and news paper make sure cover the hood too. plasti dip fly around it is easy to cover than clean old bed sheet do the trick.

Reactions: Anywaytothetop
#24 ·
So I got the grill off. (broke the two bottom clips in the process.....). Now I am trying to figure out how to get the damned letters off. It has those one time use metal circle disc clips that DO NOT come off. Trying to figure this out while it is raining. Hopefully I will have some progress soon.

#26 ·
I have blacked both the RAM and skid plate using Matt finish Plasti Dip. I removed nothing and just put tape along the frame around the letters. Did both is thirty minutes after work. It came a tremendous down pour the next morning on the way to work and with no affect at all. Took one full can to do all of it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.