Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to go fill up my Ram Rebel for the first time and the gas Nozzle keeps shutting off. (Filling at Costco Gasoline)

It filled up 9 gallons then shut off. Then it was at 11 gallons. Then at 12.5 gallons etc...

The interval gets smaller and smaller as the tank start to reach maximum gallons.

Is there a problem with my fuel system?

I also noticed that the ram gas tube is almost vertical so do I have to pump gas in a certain way to prevent pre-mature shut off? (Most cars I own in the pass, the gas tube was more slant)

Any help is appreciated.

-Allen

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have not had a problem, but I do push the nozzle in as far as it will go to seat properly. I've had situations in other vehicles like this, where some pumps just pump faster than others. And some backup if there is a bit of a bend in the feed tube to the gas tank. Perhaps the bends are just a bit tight. Does it do it if you put it on a lower setting? Most pumps have 2 or 3 flow settings in the nozzle handle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will have to try at maybe ARCO and try a lower flow speed setting to see if the problem still persist.

If it does, will have to take it into the dealership.

Will Update.

-Allen

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gas'd up at Arco tonight and it didn't shut off.

I think the Costco nozzle was bad.

Now I have to go back to Costco and try another pump.

But looks like there isn't anything wrong with the truck.

-Allen
Thread CLOSED!

·
Registered
133 Posts
dont think its a gas tank issue, probably issue with pump

if you took a flashlight and looked into your tank... you can see straight into your tank. theres nothing blocking the gas from getting into the tank and filling up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its the pump. I get gas at different stations around me and some have the same problem you described and others have no problem. It was the same when I had my 2014 Durango. Sometimes I have to turn the nozzle sideways and even upside down to make it work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday

I had the same problem so I brought it to the dealer. They agreed the angle of the gas nozzle opening is pointed too far up and not out enough. They replaced the gas tank entry pipe and tried to angle it out further. They basically told me I will have problems with any nozzle with too much plastic skin on the nozzle. Best to use a smaller more naked gas nozzle to avoid contact with the top during proper seating. Let's see how this goes the next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts