Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go the flares installed today, really makes the truck pop imo. Some day, will get her new shoes to make her pop more. Install was kind of a pain, lot of prep work after removing old etc. All in all , probably 3 hours total. I also got the set that was unsmooth for $118, cant beat that from flareone on ebay. Also btw you need to order the ones for Ram 2500. Thanks

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3073/1ctK3S.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/9056/tISuCG.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/1518/bVfyGs.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks very nice. Wow! Can't beat that price. How much further do they stick out from stock? Contemplating get these, I just put new 35"s on and wheels and I see my stock ones are coming off.... had back at dealer and they botched it up worse! Used black pl adhesive on one.
Looks great, I wonder how they will hold up against the sun for fading.

·
Registered
41 Posts
They look great!! I just got my Rebel and I had to bring it back because just sitting on the lot, 3 of the 4 flares were already separating from the body. They're held on with double-sided tape, as I'm sure you're aware of now!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I hear ya and it sure was a pita getting that off. But having some Pro Goof Off was a big help. The company has great reviews and like everyone says, you cant beat the price for a simple mod. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Those look great! I plan on getting those when I get to rubber under my truck. I think pocket style flares make the truck look so much better than the regular OEM flares.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Looks real good man, congratulations. How did you take them off initially before having to use the goo gone ? The flares really help match up with everything like the front end and the side steps. Plan on re-finishing them ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks real good man, congratulations. How did you take them off initially before having to use the goo gone ? The flares really help match up with everything like the front end and the side steps. Plan on re-finishing them ?
I removed all the bolts then slowly pulled them away from truck, then put my finger between fender and truck all way around until loose. Then there's is a pin in the center and I just yanked on fender downwards to pop out, easier then messing with a screwdriver trying to get that plastic screw cap out. Then went around and removed the main residue with my thumb, before finishing with Goof Off. Also you will need to remove the HEMI Badge to install these to, so all in all allot of prep work is really residue/glue related. Thanks again. Btw as most of you know, you can heat the badge etc to help remove, I didn't, just used fishing line and manually removed residue with fingers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like it but I would probably use wheel spacers with it to get the tires out a little more.

But reading on this forum I am not sure about the spacers since many people say it may cause damage and stress to different parts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I didn't read stories of what you said above regarding damage and other people losing wheels etc, my family safety is way more important to me than my truck stance will ever be.Although I agree would like them out from the wells a little more, until I get some different shoes some day, it will do the job. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts