Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a new 2017 and I just checked my tire pressure.

The sticker says it should be 55 PSI Front and 45 PSI Rear.

Tire pressure from the dealer is Front 55-53. Rear 60-57.

*** Edit the readings are when the tires are cold.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe the dealer was towing something with you truck prior to purchase. When I bought my truck it had drywall dust in the bed and 80 miles on it...like someone took it for the weekend end used it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine was 40 in the front and 50 in the back. My TPMS light was on.

So I did them myself. Dealers just don't care !

55 front and 45 back is correct

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
55-45 is correct. Always go by the door when running OEM tire size/specs.

·
Registered
680 Posts
At least tire pressure is something you can fix yourself. Some dealerships just don't care enough to check these things.
But the drywall dust in the bed is something else...

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is an old post but I just picked up a 2019 rebel... tire pressure sensor says 64 front/rear... drove it 300 miles home and thought it felt a bit stiff. I have a digital gauge and it reads at 58 all tires.... i dropped everything to the 55/45 according to my gauge, but on starting the ram, dash still shows 63 all tires....do you have to reset pressure, or drive it to update the reading?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is an old post but I just picked up a 2019 rebel... tire pressure sensor says 64 front/rear... drove it 300 miles home and thought it felt a bit stiff. I have a digital gauge and it reads at 58 all tires.... i dropped everything to the 55/45 according to my gauge, but on starting the ram, dash still shows 63 all tires....do you have to reset pressure, or drive it to update the reading?
I am here for the same question. Thanks for posting. My 2019 has the same issue of the PSI on the dash not updating to the new pressures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My new 2020 Rebel tires were at 60lbs each, sticker says 55 front 45 rear. So I changed them and yes the dash changes after a few blocks of driving. Now with the smaller 18 inch rims and goodyear tires it rides better than my 17 Sport with air suspension and 20 inch rims with Goodrich ko2s. When these Goodyears wear I will replace with a slightly larger tire that will not rub etc. Hopefully there is room for something. The Goodyears suck in the rain. I loved the ko2s in all conditions.
What really sucks is these Goodyear tires in every size except the stock 18 inch size on the Rebel are classified as winter tires and have the snowflake. They look the same have all the same stats. except the winter rating. Not sure if FCA didnt want to foot the bill for the designation or Goodyear is playing a game. Regardless they will be gone within 2 years whether they wear out or not. If I had known this in the beginning I would have sold them to the tire shop as take offs and put something else on, most likely ko2s, maybe some other tires depending on the rating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts