Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at exhaust for the Rebel, Since mine is black and I have 5% window tint all the way around I figure I might as well stick with the blacked out theme and am leaning toward the Magnaflow #15363

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I am going to go with the Carven R Performance muffler, Y-Pipe, and stock pipes with black tips. These mufflers sound awesome with stock pipes. $150.00 gets you both pieces. Visit the website and take a listen. Sounds awesome!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've been looking at exhaust for the Rebel, Since mine is black and I have 5% window tint all the way around I figure I might as well stick with the blacked out theme and am leaning toward the Magnaflow #15363

Could you just plastidip or paint black some other way the stock pipes? Is it just the black you are going for, or is it the sound too?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Could you just plastidip or paint black some other way the stock pipes? Is it just the black you are going for, or is it the sound too?
I'm going for sound also

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would be concerned that the drone would be a bit much with the reso's removed.. Loud is one thing.. but if it drones on the highway, you are gonna get real sick of it quick..

Had a full magnaflow catback on my magnum RT and corsa on my charger daytona.. magnaflow had a bit of drone.. the corsa eliminates all of the annoying drone..

Whatever you choose, please take the time to share your experience with the forum.. I am certain that there are many that are interested in feedback on all available options out there...

·
Registered
20 Posts
True, very true. Drone will drive you crazy. The MDS in the Dodge hemi is what causes the drone when the engine decides when to cut down to 4 cylinders. Ch

·
Registered
57 Posts
I haven't noticed any drone in the Rebel yet. I did notice it a few times in the FX-4 while towing at highway speeds. I just adjusted my speed to get out of the resonance zone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the flowmaster 40 series muffler with larger tips, and i love the sound around town but on the highway if I am between 1200-1900 rpms, it is too much drone in the cabin, i've actually been down shifting to 7th gear to bring it up to 2000 rpm, and it makes it sound much nicer.
I'm actually considering going back to stock or trying to find something much quieter but not quite stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,
I wanted to upgrade my exhaust. I spoke w an exhaust guy. He advised me NOT to change out the current mufflers due to the engine having the cylinder shut down mode under light loads. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey guys,
I wanted to upgrade my exhaust. I spoke w an exhaust guy. He advised me NOT to change out the current mufflers due to the engine having the cylinder shut down mode under light loads. Anyone know anything about this?
The ram's muffler is actually a very good muffler as it works well with both 8 cyl and 4 cyl modes. The ram will shut down 4 cyl's while in a light duty mode, usually cruising at steady speeds below 100 km'h. Aftermarket mufflers don't handle this well, and while they sound good with 8 cylinders running, they sound like garbage with the truck running in 4 cyl mode and I can attest to this

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the 14" Maggy on my 14 Sport. I commute one way 40 miles and most of that is on the interstate (between 65-75 mph) The drone was there but never bothered me. Actually, what most of you call "drone", I just call aftermarket "loud" exhaust. Even when the MDS kicked in, it was ok with me....I loved hearing the hemi.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can you purchase just the muffler by itself?
Yes, i'm considering do that myself, probably with the Flowmaster American Thunder Muffler. I've seen this one and the Outlaw (louder), and i'm sure there are more options. There are some threads out there with guys talking about this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts