Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTF....I'm about to do major mods to this truck that I just bought...it now has 1300 miles on thanks to a holiday roadtrip to see family....and the wife keeps getting an upset stomach in the truck AKA motion sick :confused::confused::confused::confused:

She has sat beside me a loyal companion and navigator for 24 yrs in:

1965 mustang with 408c
1967 mustang with 351w
1967 mustang with 289, 347
1968 mustang with 351w, 408w
1984 mustang GT convert
1991 F150
1992 Dodge Shadow ES
1994 Chevy Monte Carlo
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 (stock), 4 inches of lift on 35s, 7 inches of lift on 38s
1996 Dodge Neon
1996 Dodge Viper GTS
1999 Jeep Wrangler
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually Diesel
2008 Dodge ram 2500 Diesel
2008 Dodge ram 3500 Mega Dually Diesel
2008 Audi s3
2010 Audi q5
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited AEV

I can only 'assume' it is due to the air ride suspension since we have never owned anything on air before and/or road quite as smooth as this truck does. I'm not sure what my options are here.....I have 'heard' that using links to overcome the air ride and either made it run lower than stock or higher than stock...degrades the ride (aka makes it ride rough) which might do the trick....anyone out there have this problem with passengers?

I mean....after 24 yrs it would be a shame for me to have to get rid of her.

·
Registered
436 Posts
LOL it definitely would be a shame to have to get rid of her after all that time... but sometimes it just needs to be done..

Seriously though, I'm really not too sure how to add a bit of "roughness" to the air ride system as it's primary job is to...well.. ride smoothly. Maybe some aggressive wheels and tires ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
How about a motion sickness med or even those elastic wrist bands with the plastic nub on them I believe they are an acupressure device. They are called seabands many folks swear by them. My wife uses them. If they work it is better than a med and they are very inexpensive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about a motion sickness med or even those elastic wrist bands with the plastic nub on them I believe they are an acupressure device. They are called seabands many folks swear by them. My wife uses them. If they work it is better than a med and they are very inexpensive.
That's a thought...I just order a pair of seabands for her

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hope those do the trick. We live on and island and have to take the boat when we go off, she always wears the seabands. Keeps a bunch of pairs around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts