Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed my 16 Tailgate RAM emblem is just stick on emblems, not embossed or raised within the metal.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is 2015, the letters are stick on, but look close @ the raised imbossment behind the letters.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah they had originally said the ram was going to be embossed in the tailgate but it looks like that was changed when they actually went into production.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok, we got that puzzle solved, now on to the $500 "TONNEAU COVER WITH EMBOSSED RAM'S HEAD LOGO" & that's how it's listed on the build site as well as my build sheet. Well mine arrived with a 4x4" stick on RAMS Head Logo @ the rear of the cover, just over the tailgate, what a rip!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't mean to be a downer here, but this is exactly what they sent me. I contacted Ram CS, they want me to go back to the dealer & open a sales dispute ticket.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not for anything but at what point can they be brought up for false advertising? The product depicted does not match the product you've paid for...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Michigan Attorney Generals office will investigate the complaint, but only after you've made an acceptable attempt @ resolution.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know where the picture in post #13 came from, but it looks photo shopped. I have never seen a Ram tonneau cover where the head and logo take up the entire cover. Mine looks just like the one in the pictures in posts #14 and #16 and the head is 5" x 6". But it's definitely embossed, not stick-on. (I looked up the definition of Embossed and it is something carved, molded or stamped into a material to make the thing carved stand out in relief - which is exactly what the one on my Rebel is). Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I think you got what you were supposed to get.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't know where the picture in post #13 came from, but it looks photo shopped. I have never seen a Ram tonneau cover where the head and logo take up the entire cover. Mine looks just like the one in the pictures in posts #14 and #16 and the head is 5" x 6". But it's definitely embossed, not stick-on. (I looked up the definition of Embossed and it is something carved, molded or stamped into a material to make the thing carved stand out in relief - which is exactly what the one on my Rebel is). Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I think you got what you were supposed to get.
The photo is from rams website in the options list when you build a rebel. It was changed from the small one about 3 weeks ago to the "full size emboss" one he put up there. I agree small emblem one is what was shown everywhere up until that change was made so its likely correct, but they do now at least SHOW that large emblem one.

there is also no way any rebel built yet would have been ordered after that change to the website was made, the expectation should have been the small emblem one until this point.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts