Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me , I cannot see how to edit a post I made...., A little help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok, saw the edit button on this post... Is there a time limit to edit?

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
Don't believe there is a time limit.

·
Registered
660 Posts
There has always been a time limit. It's only a few minutes. I made a typo in a post I was typing up long ago, but didn't see it until 5-10 minutes later. It wouldn't let me edit it. I even sent a request to an admin to just delete my post because as it was, the typo made it absolutely wrong. (I had retyped part of a sentence, but accidentally left it saying "does not" rather than "does" or something like that.)

The admin never deleted it, either. I gave up. That incorrect post is still here today.

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
There has always been a time limit. It's only a few minutes. I made a typo in a post I was typing up long ago, but didn't see it until 5-10 minutes later. It wouldn't let me edit it. I even sent a request to an admin to just delete my post because as it was, the typo made it absolutely wrong. (I had retyped part of a sentence, but accidentally left it saying "does not" rather than "does" or something like that.)

The admin never deleted it, either. I gave up. That incorrect post is still here today.
I guess that makes sense. I was going to say, I can go back and edit my old posts but I guess that's a moderator permission.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
142 Posts
For the life of me , I cannot see how to edit a post I made...., A little help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok, saw the edit button on this post... Is there a time limit to edit?

@Venom - There is a time limit to edit your own posts of 10 min. For thread titles, you have 5 min. After that, only moderators and admins can edit for you and in some cases if it contains criminalizing, offensive, and/or personal information, then we'll delete it. So @Venom, if you'd like to PM us of the the intended content you'd like for us to edit for you, let us know and attach the link of your post. Or you can post your edited version here, up to you.

@johnj - Apologies for this not being done sooner. As I mentioned above to Venom, you could post here or PM us of the edited version of what you'd like your post to be and also provide the link for it so we can get that done for ya.

Let us know and we'll see to it's completion.

Thanks guys! :p

Cheers,
Natalie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts