Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have keyless enter and go, plus the luxury group, and every option available except the rambox. Why doesn't RAM include the driver's seat memory option in the Rebels? Every other Dodge and RAM vehicle I've driven or seen with these options has driver's memory. I really wish it was included but even more perplexed as to why its not even an option. GAHH!

Aside from that, I've owned my Rebel for almost 3 months now and I've made a list of items I wish were in my truck.
-Dual Climate zone (this was an option available just after my truck was ordered)
-heated and cooled cup holders. My Charger had these and they were AWESOME!
-Power everything (including the pedals and steering wheel) just like my Charger.
-auto dimming for the tow mirrors.
-Heated rear seats
-Options for controlling the autostart. Such as, run time and how many cycles you can autostart before having to manually start it.
-HID or LED headlights. Why stop at just LEDs for the fog lights, turn signals, and the LEDs in the bed???
-LEDs for all other lights. Like the cargo lamps, 3rd brake, license plate, reverse, and interior.
-I have 32 gallon fuel tank, but the programming for fuel range is incredibly far off. My fuel light comes on with 7 or so gallons in the tank. Shortly after that, the range displays "low fuel" and I could probably drive another 70-85 miles, easily. I've filled up exactly when the fuel light first turned on and filled 25-26 gallons. I've also waited until my DTE was at zero and displayed "low fuel" and filled 27-28 gallons. So there is still 4-5 gallons in the tank...:confused:

I'm sure I have a couple other items on my list, but I can't think of them right now. Sure, most of these can be done aftermarket, but the other models have these options or are already equipped, so Rebels should have these options too. AND other manufacturers have some of these options equipped like HID or LED headlights!!! I LOVE RAM, but get with the times! DOMINATE the competition and don't skip out on smaller details!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree. There are some things I am upgrading and some things I am downgrading in this trade/purchase.

My trade has power fold and power extend towing mirrors, driver's memory seat that you can program to a key and leather. My daughter is short and it is so nice to be able to give her the spare key so when I use my key the seat isn't all the way forward. I was excited when I read about the external auto-dimming mirrors and then disappointed to learn that RAM's towing mirrors are at the 1990's level of technology while their "normal" mirrors are modern. They had power folding towing mirrors before and stopped offering them a few years ago.

I am concerned about the vehicle systems not knowing when it has the larger tank. I don't run my fuel down to below 1/4 usually but on long hauls (snowmobile trips) I don't want to be fueling 3 or 4 times when 1 will do it. You are not the first to say about the larger fuel tank not being recognized by the vehicle. It is such a simple thing to program into the software. I don't know if they just forgot at the factory or the option is missing in the software. Either way that's not cool.

Nothing is a complete deal breaker for me yet. The non-power fold towing mirrors, black headlight bezel BS and the larger fuel tank not being recognized are definite minuses though. My truck should be here this week or the next.

·
Registered
510 Posts
They must have their reasons but its still annoying. Do the competitors have all these options available or do they skip some stuff too?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Everybody puts together trim packages to sell. If you put everything on it that everyone wants, it's basically going to be the top of the line luxury truck. Leave off some "luxury" and add other things, you have different models.

Personally, I've never seen an offroad with so many luxury options before.... I'm sure there are some, just never seen them.

I feel that Ram, considering this an off-road model, should be less concerned with luxury options and more concerned with true off-road options. Perhaps an increased lift option? 35" tires option. Performance intake/exhaust combo. Light bars, winches, etc.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had a fully loaded Sport, and now the Rebel. Love them both for slightly different reasons. If they came out with a Rebel Limited, I'd be one of the first in line to get one.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Tell me. I'm 6'6" and the wife is 4'11.5". I had memory seats in my last two cars (both BMWs) and it was great. But I don't find changing seats in the truck quite so annoying as having to reach to near ground level for the cars. Plus stubby wife isn't so inclined to drive the big truck. Especially since it doesn't have seat memory.
>:)

What I'd rather have is memory radio. The wife's been known to reprogram stations on the radio controls. I climb in and all my radio memory buttons are programmed to stations I never listen to at all. That's WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more annoying to fix than the seat. My bimmers had the radio program buttons tied to the key, too. As soon as you unlocked the car, climate control, radio, and seats adjusted. Only thing missing is automatic steering wheel tilt. She screws that up, too.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Memory seats and memory radio would have probably increased the Rebel price to the point where people wouldn't buy it. If it's a problem, just say you don't know where the keys are every time your significant other wants to drive the Rebel. >:)

No more seat moving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Memory seats and memory radio would have probably increased the Rebel price to the point where people wouldn't buy it. If it's a problem, just say you don't know where the keys are every time your significant other wants to drive the Rebel. >:)

No more seat moving.
I do not think it would make it much more expensive. If you have keyless entry and power seats/mirrors then the position memory is, essentially, the software feature. Maybe add two more buttons somewhere to save the position. This cannot cost that much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts