Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Furious 7 needs Ram Rebels, for reasons similar to this...

Cars, Movies and Music Come Together as Dodge Partners with Universal Pictures and Atlantic Records on 'Furious 7'

'Furious 7' opens April 3 and features 2015 Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger R/T and 'armored' Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited

Dodge launches multitier marketing initiative to promote action-thriller, including 'Flash to the Future' television ads for U.S. markets and across international countries, and Furious 7 web landing page at Dodge Muscle Cars Featured in Furious 7 Movie

Dodge vehicles also showcased in new music videos of songs from Atlantic Records 'Furious 7: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack,' available in stores and at online retailers March 17

March 9, 2015 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Dodge, which has been a part of the blockbuster Fast & Furious franchise since its inception, announced today a promotional partnership with Universal Pictures for "Furious 7," in theaters April 3, and a first-ever partnership with Atlantic Records on music videos that support the label's "Furious 7: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack," available March 17 and available now for pre-order at http://smarturl.it/furious7.

A Candy Red 2015 Dodge Charger, driven by Dominic (Dom) Toretto (Vin Diesel) in various chase scenes throughout "Furious 7"; a Sublime Green and Black 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T driven by Letty Ortiz (Michelle Rodrigues); and an armored 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited driven by Tej Parker (Chris "Ludacris" Bridges), play prominent roles in the movie. In all, FCA US provided nearly 30 vehicles for the movie production.

Many high performance Dodge vehicles – including the 707-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat and Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, 645-horsepower Dodge Viper GTS and other new and vintage Dodge vehicles – are featured in music videos Atlantic is releasing in support of its original movie soundtrack album.

"Fast Dodge cars, adrenaline-filled action and heart-pounding music have fueled the Fast & Furious movie franchise," said Olivier Francois, Chief Marketing Officer, FCA – Global. "For the first time, Dodge is broadening its long-time partnership with an innovative new Atlantic Records collaboration that truly expands the power and reach of the Fast & Furious franchise and provides a natural extension for showcasing Dodge's most powerful new performance vehicles to movie, music and car enthusiasts everywhere."

Dodge will support its promotional partnership with Universal with a multitier marketing initiative that includes televisions spots for the U.S. and international markets, social media and digital marketing campaigns, and a special Furious 7 landing page on the brand's website.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yea I'm very interested to see what the armored Wrangler will look like. Knowing this movie franchise it will look pretty cool. I agree, better than the picture that you posted above.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Seen it as it released since i'm subscribed to their facebook page.
while movies from them have become less and less about racing, this one doesn't look too bad at all.
I mean it looks ridiculous because in what circumstance ever would the best plan of attack be to parachute cars out of a plane?

That being said, it still looks entertaining. I think it is more of a Netflix at home movie than a at the theatre movie for me though.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I mean it looks ridiculous because in what circumstance ever would the best plan of attack be to parachute cars out of a plane?

That being said, it still looks entertaining. I think it is more of a Netflix at home movie than a at the theatre movie for me though.
Just depends on how much of a connection you have to such a movie.

Some love the series enough to see it right on opening night, others watch it whenever.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just depends on how much of a connection you have to such a movie.

Some love the series enough to see it right on opening night, others watch it whenever.
Some people really like this series. That's why there is 7 of them now. Still more will see this one too because Paul Walker died and this is his last movie.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Some people really like this series. That's why there is 7 of them now. Still more will see this one too because Paul Walker died and this is his last movie.
For sure, it's what will make #7 a massive hit, with it possibly being the only one out of the 7 that pull it in biggest at the box office

·
Registered
510 Posts
For sure, it's what will make #7 a massive hit, with it possibly being the only one out of the 7 that pull it in biggest at the box office
I read today that Vin Diesel thinks that Furious 7 should win best picture. LOL.

"Universal is going to have the biggest movie in history with this movie," Diesel said in a lengthy interview with Variety for this week's cover story. "It will probably win best picture at the Oscars, unless the Oscars don't want to be relevant ever."
Diesel took a breath, before offering his prediction for a second time. "This will win best picture," Diesel said. "There is nothing that will ever come close to the power of this thing."

·
Registered
555 Posts
It sure has things going on to set it up for that.

The fact it's an episodic movie already gives it the advantage among many obvious others.

·
Registered
510 Posts
It sure has things going on to set it up for that.

The fact it's an episodic movie already gives it the advantage among many obvious others.
LOL.

Well, if it wins best picture then Paul Walker should also get a best actor Oscar. Post-mortem awards always go over well with the public.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Even on its second weekend it pulled through strong, not surprised.

Question is how much will they have pulled in by time its ready to be out of theaters

·
Registered
510 Posts
Would they do another movie now that Paul Walker is dead though? If they do I don't think they'd be bringing back the whole cast like they did in this movie. It just won't be quite the same.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would they do another movie now that Paul Walker is dead though? If they do I don't think they'd be bringing back the whole cast like they did in this movie. It just won't be quite the same.
No good reason not to.
There's no way they'd throw away a billion dollar franchise for that reason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts