Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone had an issue with the gauges flickering. When my headlights are on my gauge lights flicker off an on. With the headlights off, the dash lights are fine. Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FIXED. I jumped on another forum and guys were saying their fuses were not seated all the way. Sure enough EVERY fuse needed to be seated down. They were all loose. Something everyone should check

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
loose fuses from the factory? that sure sounds reassuring. i'll have to check all mine...you would think that the wrong fuse popping out could be trouble.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad i could help. Amazing isn't it? I really think fca has zero quality control. There are so many small and sometimes large common problems that just should not exist with a brand new vehicle. And those surveys that they email out. I don't think they even read them

·
Registered
56 Posts
I participated in a survey from Chrysler that was mailed to me a few years ago after I purchased my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. I wrote a letter back and filled out the survey. Many of the items I mentioned were addressed in the 2009 redesign. Whether or not someone actually read it and it had any influence, who knows, but I was very happy to see improvements with the overall quality. I am disappointed to hear several complaints about some of the new trucks being delivered. Hopefully its a very small problem and I hope there's no issues when I take delivery of mine! I have a 3,000 mile road trip to make it home. I can't be having issues!

·
Registered
451 Posts
So out of curiosity I just went outside to check my fuse box... surprisingly I found at least 50% of the fuses were half to 3/4 the way seated down and the rest were fine. Not awful, since the fuse would still do its job since I had no issues at all, but concerning since its an easy thing to check quality wise and on such an important part of the truck. Yikes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So out of curiosity I just went outside to check my fuse box... surprisingly I found at least 50% of the fuses were half to 3/4 the way seated down and the rest were fine. Not awful, since the fuse would still do its job since I had no issues at all, but concerning since its an easy thing to check quality wise and on such an important part of the truck. Yikes.
They still do their job until to hit a good bump. My dash was fine for 1400 miles then out of the blue the lights started flickering.

·
Registered
451 Posts
They still do their job until to hit a good bump. My dash was fine for 1400 miles then out of the blue the lights started flickering.
Good point. I haven't had a good chance to get off road yet, so there's a good chance I might have had issues with the fuses had I not checked them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I drive home from work around 2am every night and noticed the head lights were flickering. I just checked my fuse box and ALL of my fuses were 3/4 seated. They are all snug now. We will see if that changes anything.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So it happened again tonight, about a week after I seated all the fuses. This time it appears to be related to the thumbwheel which controls the brightness of the dashboard lights. I had been playing with it during the daylight hours and had it turned almost all the way down. When I started up the truck tonight with the headlights on the dashboard lights started flickering. it stopped when I turned the thumbwheel to a brighter setting.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So it happened again tonight, about a week after I seated all the fuses. This time it appears to be related to the thumbwheel which controls the brightness of the dashboard lights. I had been playing with it during the daylight hours and had it turned almost all the way down. When I started up the truck tonight with the headlights on the dashboard lights started flickering. it stopped when I turned the thumbwheel to a brighter setting.
Mine were flickering at all levels of brightness. I keep them turned all the way dim and they've been fine since I seated the fuses. Interesting

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too, experienced this after seating my fuses. It only happened once. I hadn't started driving yet so turned the truck off and back on and they stopped flickering. Figured if it was a one off thing I wouldn't say anything....we shall see.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't drive my truck that often at night so I guess im not a good sample for this experiment. If it's a random intermittent thing, it could be a while before I see it again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After reading this thread I went out and checked my fuses and sure enough everyone of them pushed down more! None of them was seated right. Will test tonight and make sure lights don't flicker anymore.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Rebel goes to the dealer on Wednesday for the rear axle recall. I'm going to ask them to look into the flickering lights. I will let you know if they come up with anything.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the truck in for the rear axle shaft recall but of course the dealer could not replicate the flickering dash lights and said there were no computer codes indicating a problem. So it is still a mystery.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had the truck in for the rear axle shaft recall but of course the dealer could not replicate the flickering dash lights and said there were no computer codes indicating a problem. So it is still a mystery.
Do you know if they had the headlights on when they were checking the dash lights? Mine only flickered when the lights were on

1 - 20 of 21 Posts