Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody else with a Ram 1500 having trouble with their driver's door sounding like an old beater truck when opening and closing? I've lubed it several times; the last time with white lithium grease. Only helps for a few days and it's right back to Creaking/ moaning loudly when you open and close it. Starting to think it's a hinge or other hardware problem, but can't get an answer inquiring about possible TSB's regarding this issue from my local dealer.

Forgot to mention; it's a 2015 Rebel

·
Registered
451 Posts
I know of my 16' Rebel and my friends 15' Longhorn and both have squeaky doors. Fingures crossed my 19' won't be a squeaker.

Super annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 does it on driver and passenger sides. The passenger side sounds almost like shattering glass when you open it, I cringe every time it's about to open. It's super annoying!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread.. I stumbled across this while browsing. For anyone that may have this issue the problem is the roller detent on the door hinge. If you are confused look at your other non-squeaking doors and see the roller move.... to fix you either don’t have enough grease or too much. Grab some paper towels and spray the inner part with brake clean.. not too much to get everywhere but make sure you get it pretty good. After that try to move the door, if the wheel doesn’t move give it some help with pliers. When it is worked free use some light spray grease for the center.. work the door while using grease and that should fix your problem. It’s important you fix this because otherwise it will wear a flat spot and would need replacement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts