Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
seems to be little more then bolts. if you wanted to put a rebel front on a regular 1500 you might have to do the bumper too though that notch leading into the headlight might cause fitment issues. But yea if you wanted crosshairs it would seem just bolts ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Definitely more than an easy bolt off, bolt on. You can see that the shape of the different grilles are different. At the bottom corners of the Rebel it is a straight corner while the other has tapered corners.

·
Registered
462 Posts
seems to be little more then bolts. if you wanted to put a rebel front on a regular 1500 you might have to do the bumper too though that notch leading into the headlight might cause fitment issues. But yea if you wanted crosshairs it would seem just bolts ;)

Definitely more than an easy bolt off, bolt on. You can see that the shape of the different grilles are different. At the bottom corners of the Rebel it is a straight corner while the other has tapered corners.
Don't know if you guys ever did anything like this or are even mechanically inclined but as far as I see it is a straight bolt on. All your really doing is replacing the front grille, bumper, trim piece under headlights, and even buying fender liners for consistency.

Only things that might be different are the shapes of absorbers, rebar and brace positioning... that's if you want to go full OEM assembly the proper way.

But if you guys suggest there's more to do here than just bolt on's, mention exactly what it is.

;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Maybe it could be all bolt-ons, but its not just the grille. You'd have to buy basically a whole new front end. That's a lot more expensive than just replacing the grille.

·
Registered
510 Posts
You'd also have to find somewhere to buy one. Are you able to just order it from RAM? I think you'd have to get it from someone who has replaced theirs and now is trying to sell it on eBay or something.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if it becomes too costly and complicated to swap over going aftermarket will the better way to go about getting a different look while not spending an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
510 Posts
if it becomes too costly and complicated to swap over going aftermarket will the better way to go about getting a different look while not spending an arm and a leg.
I'm thinking the same thing. After market might end up being equally as expensive so you may as well.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With setups like linked below, yes.
It's a long the lines of a mod those not nearly as mechanically inclined as others can easily do:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't really like that mesh for the grille though. THere might be other options that are nicer though. Seems much easier to install though.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't really like that mesh for the grille though. THere might be other options that are nicer though. Seems much easier to install though.
You're missing the point entirely here. This is about the removal/installation, reason WHY I posted a video.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I much prefer the original front end over the new Ram Rebel. I just think its too much going on. A lot more plastic being used as well which makes the truck look a bit cheap and weak.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it's a cleaner and more in your face look, a look i like a lot

older design has been around for a while and is associated with that old life cycle,

time for something new

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did the Ram rebel grille, bumper, hood conversion and it’s simple just as long as the bumper is complete with the bumper brackets then it’s as simple as 6 easy bumper bolts but you can’t put on the bumper with out the grille cus it won’t work with just any grille. The hood isn’t needed for the grille and bumper to fit but it makes it look complete. Finding the parts isn’t easy unless you go to the dealership witch is expensive. One thing also you will need is the headlight fillers because of the gap you will have under the headlights but everything else is easy installation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts