Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a above 40* day today so I added the white vinyl letters today to the RAM in the grille. Good thick quality vinyl but we'll see how they hold up in the front of the truck with bugs, debris, and car washes. Added some clear nail polish paint top coat to the edges to counter any peeling of the corners

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matches the your Rebels' white paint perfectly. Any more vinyl work in the future? I like looking at the exterior work you've done on your Rebel.

Thank you. Would like to do something with the skid plate or a rear vertical vinyl like the Power wagons have on the bed behind the rear tire. Waiting for warmer weather to start pulling off the door badges, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I done the same thing with mine. I have the white/black Rebel, and used red decals on all the black lettering. Looks good and stands out!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
It looks great and I am happy to see something other than turning everything black, which looks good, but just isn't very original any more.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Very nice look to have going on and to carry on the white from the body.

Also this has me starting to think where else white can be added to the front end that will look good and almost OEM. Are you planning to add white anywhere else or is that it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TheGreatRam, Maverick, and RAMageddon
You are correct to see 2 different shades of color in the front Ram. The RAM white decals I got from Ebay only go on the front surface of the RAM letters. The 3D effect of the grey inside the A and R and M are still in Grey color. This just takes the front most surface to white.
Hope that helps

I plan on vinyl wrapping the Skid plate in white with the help of one of our forum members here. He is a local guy that I can use which should provide a more durable finish then just the vinyl wrap letters I got from Ebay. I will say, we had hard storms on Sunday night and into Monday, and driving into the nasty weather on Monday morning and Monday night on the way home, no damage was done to the white vinyl RAM letters on the grill
There are a couple places I might add those colored letters to the inside. Like above the Radio where it shows RAM, make that match the metallic red like the door panels etc.

Todd

Reactions: TheGreatRam

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How hard is it to wrap your letter in vinyl? Looks like there's two shade to it, white on the top and the sides look a bit silver.
It literally took 10 min to do. the front facing of the letters get done in white but the 3D features of the inside of the R and the A and the M are still in stock silver.
I just made sure I used clear nail polish to keep the edges secured so they didn't peel off the edges

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great work ! I like the 3D effect on the white on silver letters.

Are you planning to do the same for the side too.

I never thought about the clear nail polish trick, I should use it for my other sedan letters too now! Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts