Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new k&n cold air. Sounds awesome and really gave the hemi a nice wake up. MPG & power increase are instant.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
be careful with it! My buddy has..well had...one on his 2014 ram 1500 and he sucked in water during a heavy rain and needed a new engine.

Reactions: Corey

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not at all but to be honest the outlaw exhaust is probably why I can't hear anything I went with the s and b cold air intake I don't think it should make a diffrence

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the look just not noticing any power but then again it is a gas motor. I did purchase it cause I had intakes on all my vehicles. I have not noticed any power or fuel savings but then again I didn't buy it for saving fuel !! Haha

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like the look just not noticing any power but then again it is a gas motor. I did purchase it cause I had intakes on all my vehicles. I have not noticed any power or fuel savings but then again I didn't buy it for saving fuel !! Haha
Lol ! To be honest, I don't think I've ever heard of someone installing an intake to "save fuel"

·
Registered
159 Posts
I did get an mpg boost with mine, and it does feel a little more snappy.

What I enjoy most though, is revving it up and making it growl at the idiots on the freeway going 50mph with their phones in their faces!

·
Registered
35 Posts
K&N cold air intake

That's funny I put a cold air intake and haven't noticed a thing

I installed my K&N cold air intake yesterday, so far I've noticed the truck does not want to go into the 4 cyclender mode near as easy. And my fuel mileage has dropped. I also didn't unhook the negative battery terminal when I did the install which would reset computer, maybe this is why ? Perhaps it will adjust.?

Anyone else have this issue ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sounds like you don't have something quite right, Derek_r. Make sure it's seated properly on the throttle body, everything else is flush and tight, and you don't have a kink in that hose that replaced the plastic one. Can't remember what it's called, but the one you had to cut and replace with the tubing.

Make sure air sensor is seated all the way, too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Girlfriend is using the truck for the weekend so I haven't had much of a chance to drive it, other then tonight for a but and it seems better.

I'll know better this week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you thinking of doin a CAI.. do it.. I have always had K&Ns filters and notices differences with the drop ins..but this is my first CAI..Its awesome..instant MPG gains of almost 2-3 MPG and it sounds great when you get on the gas. Glad I did this mod.

Just a note: All vehicles have to meet California's strict emission smothering tests..Once you remove that bullshit this thing is more of a beast.You wont losse by leaving it alone...but CAIs wake this beast up. If CAIs didnt work why are all the manufacturers now making their own? Just cant do it in states like California ( the least free state in the country ). I owned a 2010 Camaro 2SS it was a beast at the time..Always put a smile on my face..So does this truck but now I get the evil smile like when I owned the Camaro when I drop the hammer. Just thought I would chime in on this..Just dropped mine in yesterday .

1 - 20 of 36 Posts