Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have been wondering what GM has been up to, just recently they released a Custom Sport model of their Silverado.
Its no Rebel or Raptor rival, but a step up for the Silverado:

If you feel that your spartan work truck is simply too plebeian for your tastes, Chevrolet has heard the dozen or so of you who are looking for a heavy-duty pickup with more chrome, nicer appointments, and “a sophisticated monochromatic look” for what is undoubtedly your farm- or construction-based workhorse.

The Custom Sport is available for the 2500 and 3500 HD models, and adds body-colored front and rear bumpers, a body-colored grille with chrome-accent bars, chrome door handles and body-side moldings, and chrome-accented trailering mirrors, Chevrolet said. The Silverado 2500 Custom Sports get a set of 20-inch polished aluminum wheels all around, while the 3500 Custom Sports are equipped with 18-inch polished aluminum wheels on single-rear-wheel models, and 17-inch wheels on duallys. The trucks are either white or black, and package prices will vary from $700 to $1,695, depending on the model.

Read more: Chevy?s New Special Silverado Looks Fancy, Is Still Not a Raptor Rival

·
Registered
510 Posts
It only comes in white and black. I'm betting the black looks better. Really I think you are just paying for the looks of this vehicle. And even then, I'm not sure this truck really excited me that much based on looks alone.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It only comes in white and black. I'm betting the black looks better. Really I think you are just paying for the looks of this vehicle. And even then, I'm not sure this truck really excited me that much based on looks alone.
Black is a great choice, i'd go for it over the white.
Plus on a truck it helps to create a sinister look :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
The Colorado has already been out for a while though, so we should know if its rival or not.

I agree that the black will likely look better. I'd like to see the white with some mud on it though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Colorado was suppose to be releasing there Z72 package this fall. First time they will offer factory front winch and 4 cylinder turbo diesel in this country . It looks really cool, goggle it at the auto show. Have to wait and see if it happens. It looks cooler than the reaper

·
Registered
462 Posts
Colorado was suppose to be releasing there Z72 package this fall. First time they will offer factory front winch and 4 cylinder turbo diesel in this country . It looks really cool, goggle it at the auto show. Have to wait and see if it happens. It looks cooler than the reaper
can't believe I didn't hear about it.

looked up 'Z72' and came across its concept...

·
Registered
23 Posts
This truck looks really cool. I was reading that the 4 cylinder turbo has 370 pounds of tq. Gets around 32 mpg on hwy. awesome truck if your looking for something a little smaller

1 - 14 of 14 Posts