Ram Rebel Forum banner

Checking the Rebel's Oil Level!

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Vloggingadventureswithrob 
#1 ·
#11 ·
I guess I'm old-school. I'm fine with checking my oil level and tire pressures every couple-3 weeks, among other things. Plus it's a reason to lift the hood and eyeball obvious stuff. Not on this truck yet, but I've spotted all kinds of things in the past like fraying belts, tiny leaks in hoses that hadn't started dripping to floors yet, wingnut that worked its way off an air cleaner, hose clamp working loose, rubber seals cracking, wires rubbing, small rust bubbles, and more. Once I even found the beginnings of a bird nest. If I wasn't doing occasional checking, I'd never have noticed any of those problems until they got bigger. Plus, I like to check the fluids for top-off anyway. Wiper fluid always seems to be half-gone in 3 weeks. No evidence of leaks, either. 0.o

Plus, installing a sensor is adding one more thing to fail. If you put your faith in that sensor and it fails, where are you? In the same spot as if you didn't have one but hadn't checked your oil in a while. The dipstick is a more fault-tolerant device.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.