Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on a different forum that the spare tire mounted underneath the Rebel is not a Toyo 285. So I checked mine and sure enough its a Goodyear Wrangler 265. Is this standard operating procedure for Ram?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I read on a different forum that the spare tire mounted underneath the Rebel is not a Toyo 285. So I checked mine and sure enough its a Goodyear Wrangler 265. Is this standard operating procedure for Ram?
Thats probably the standard tire on regular 1500's yea...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a spare tire, it's not exactly the thing that you want to spend money on when you consider other priorities.
I agree, I don't want to spend anything on a spare tire, I want FCA to spend a little more and give me a tire that matches the size of the others!

·
Registered
462 Posts
They also give you 5 years road side assistance included...so you dont have to use the spare if you dont want to ;)
Only downside if you're far out where it will take them a while to get to you, in a situation like that... it might make sense (time wise) to throw on the spare yourself. Time is one thing you'll never get back.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've always wondered how long it'll take them to get to you if you're on a stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere.
all depends, demand for that service is growing so who knows, response times could get better. In situations like that I rather have an alternative i can rely on just in case I don't want to wait for who knows how long.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Oh, ok. Guess I'll quit complaining :)
I'm just saying... that Charger on 18's blinged from the factory probabaly has a donut in the trunk... the software and speedo would get out whack with a smaller diameter, but the width is good enough to get you home

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've always wondered how long it'll take them to get to you if you're on a stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere.
I never used it on my charger but I had it, I assume they just call someone local to get you and pay for it. I dont imagine it would take any longer than calling a tow truck normally would.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I never used it on my charger but I had it, I assume they just call someone local to get you and pay for it. I dont imagine it would take any longer than calling a tow truck normally would.
That's what I was thinking, it's easy for them to have drivers under contract to them and to send them the leads to the calls.

If you're stuck on the highway though, there's going to be a sense or urgency at times to get you off of it if the cops show up, which in that case you'll have to deal with what ever tow shows up first

1 - 20 of 27 Posts