Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have researched this forum a lot and bought the cft front suspension links. I installed them today and want to provide some real world data. 1. Out of the box they raised my 2018 rebel exactly one inch. 2. The thread into the a frame are weak and the top bolt will strip the threads of you tighten it too much. 3. I called cft for advice on height and they said one turn equals about an 1/8 in. 4. At first the suspenion error came on but cycled it a few times and so far so good. 5. I have 315's getting installed tomorrow on a 9" wheel and I think another 1/2 inch might be needed but will see. I'm hoping this will help others who want a 34" or 35" tire for their rebel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also looking at the CFT links. Any updates on them or if you messed with the links to go higher? What size tires you go with? Also any pictures?
Lastly any advice ? I am looking to do exactly what you are on my 18 rebel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I went with 315 70 17 Cooper's. I also went with a new wheel only to to gain some width 9" and better backspacing. I was originally running 2" spacers and loved how they looked. The links straight out of the box raised the front exactly 1" and hitting off road mode raised it 3/4". I had some rubbing in normal on the plastic and did a lil trimming plus a wire tie to suck in the plastic towards the frame. I called the mfg to see how many turns would raise the truck and they said every turn should be an 1/8 in. They also said every truck is different and don't guarantee how it will turn out. I took them back off and did 6 full turns. I measured the links and it was about 1/4 in longer. I put them back on and nothing changed. I was surprised but for now I don't want to sacrifice ride quality over lift. I'm sure I will adjust and play again but last weekend was new bumper and winch and wanted to make the extra weight didn't change anything. The truck is the same height and the ride quality is the same so will try again next weekend. For the money these are worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I went with 315 70 17 Cooper's. I also went with a new wheel only to to gain some width 9" and better backspacing. I was originally running 2" spacers and loved how they looked. The links straight out of the box raised the front exactly 1" and hitting off road mode raised it 3/4". I had some rubbing in normal on the plastic and did a lil trimming plus a wire tie to suck in the plastic towards the frame. I called the mfg to see how many turns would raise the truck and they said every turn should be an 1/8 in. They also said every truck is different and don't guarantee how it will turn out. I took them back off and did 6 full turns. I measured the links and it was about 1/4 in longer. I put them back on and nothing changed. I was surprised but for now I don't want to sacrifice ride quality over lift. I'm sure I will adjust and play again but last weekend was new bumper and winch and wanted to make the extra weight didn't change anything. The truck is the same height and the ride quality is the same so will try again next weekend. For the money these are worth it.
Thanks for the info. I ordered my CFT links yesterday. Im also looking for that 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches off lift but also don’t want to lost the ride quality. I’m thinking about keeping the stock wheels with spacers like you originally did. Still up in the air. Either 305 or 315 tires.
How does the bumper and winch look?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I ordered my CFT links yesterday. Im also looking for that 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches off lift but also don’t want to lost the ride quality. I’m thinking about keeping the stock wheels with spacers like you originally did. Still up in the air. Either 305 or 315 tires.
How does the bumper and winch look?
Yes if I had to do it all over again I would go with a 305. I debated keeping the stock wheels and spacers but kept reading about future ball joint issues. I feel spacers are harder on components than a wider wheel with more back space. If I do some true wheeling then I feel I will run into rubbing issues and why I would go with a lil smaller tire. For now I love the look and in town driving it is fine. The bumper came out awesome and included 4 rigid lights and a smittybuilt 12k lb wireless winch. Good luck with yours and share pics when you can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes if I had to do it all over again I would go with a 305. I debated keeping the stock wheels and spacers but kept reading about future ball joint issues. I feel spacers are harder on components than a wider wheel with more back space. If I do some true wheeling then I feel I will run into rubbing issues and why I would go with a lil smaller tire. For now I love the look and in town driving it is fine. The bumper came out awesome and included 4 rigid lights and a smittybuilt 12k lb wireless winch. Good luck with yours and share pics when you can.
will do and thanks for all the great advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my links in today. Installed in about 15 min. Got me to 39 3/4 in the front with stock tires. Rides great with no issues. I’m going with the 305 70 17 Nitto trail grapplers. Thanks again for all the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts