Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck has about 1200 miles on it. After much deliberation I went for the Carven progressive muffler. $300 bucks plus install. Pretty simple swap out. Sounds friggin awesome. Even my wife thinks it sounds good. I certainly wouldn't go any louder. This is a nice mellow Hemi sound. You can really hear the gear changes too. I'm very happy with the progressive model.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds like a great upgrade. Now the big question, how bad does it sound when the mds kicks in? Every Dodge or ram that I have listened to or owned sounded like crap with the mds enabled with after market mufflers on them. I purchased tuners to turn it off on my 06 Durango, 07 Ram, and 13 Challenger.
Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
To disable MDS with the new 8 speed transmissions press the Gear - key once on the steering wheel to display the gear the trans is in and then press the Gear + key and bring gear it up to 8 if it is not already there and leave it. If you keep hitting the Gear + key the gear indicator in the dash will disappear and MDS is enabled.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice choice. I ordered mine on Saturday. Chose the black ceramic tips. Hopefully it wont take too long to get, their website says back ordered.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Where did you get them for $300? On their website, they show $499.

The kits are 499, that include the tips. You can get just the mufflers for 300.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed a Carven Progressive with 5" black tips last weekend. Sounds amazing. There is a small bit of drone on the highway but nothing the radio doesn't cover up. Put the pedal down and you definitely know there's a Hemi under the hood. Very happy with the results.

And...the best part...I did it myself as there was no welding involved. It took a bit to get the stock muffler off but the install of the Carven was great. Going to go under there in the next week or two and re-check the bolts and retighten if necessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Truck has about 1200 miles on it. After much deliberation I went for the Carven progressive muffler. $300 bucks plus install. Pretty simple swap out. Sounds friggin awesome. Even my wife thinks it sounds good. I certainly wouldn't go any louder. This is a nice mellow Hemi sound. You can really hear the gear changes too. I'm very happy with the progressive model.
Just installed mine! Sounds awesome! Couldn't be happier! DO it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts