Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the cabin air filter kit to install in my Rebel, and when I went to install it, I noticed there was already the opening and door on the air box. But there was no filter behind the door. So this made the job real easy. My question is does all of the rebel's come with the cabin filter installed, and did yours have a filter in it.
Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered the cabin air filter kit to install in my Rebel, and when I went to install it, I noticed there was already the opening and door on the air box. But there was no filter behind the door. So this made the job real easy. My question is does all of the rebel's come with the cabin filter installed, and did yours have a filter in it.
Thanks
No, mine is a 2016 and there was no door. It seems that sometime in 2016 they started putting the door on.. even if the door isn't there it is not tough to cut the hole and install though.. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is a 2016, and it had the door, but no filter. I had ordered the door, and when it arrived I was all set to do some cutting. Dropped the glove box and saw the door already there hahahaha. Should've looked first I guess! Oh well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a 2016, and it had the door, but no filter. I had ordered the door, and when it arrived I was all set to do some cutting. Dropped the glove box and saw the door already there hahahaha. Should've looked first I guess! Oh well.
Same thing happened to me. Now I have an extra door incase I never need it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone know if the 2017 models have the cabin filter?
I suspect they will. It seems that the later 2016 models got the doors at least .. don't think it will come with a filter but if it has the door will save you from having to cut it out.. that being said, it took a total of 20 minutes with a knife and heat gun.. (heat gun to warm the plastic helped it cut much easier.. since I did it when it was cold out.

If I ordered a 2017 I would definitely wait to order the door..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my 2016 Rebel in April and it didn't come with the door. So I just ordered mine and hope the install it in the next couple of weeks. I just got the standard filter that comes with the kit. I'm thinking about changing to the K&N reusable filter for this down the road though. Has anyone made the switch and does it make any difference? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Does anyone have the part numbers. I would have figured my truck would have come with it. But it did not. Definitely need to install one

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: seeareeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for sharing. It's on a discount now. By the way, while I was looking for an air filter, I found many options at an affordable price with free shipping on Amazon. This is a great opportunity to save money and buy a quality filter. I also noticed the ozone generators there. Honestly, I am tired of the daily news about the pandemic and I'd like to use all the ways to protect my family from this virus. So I decided to order an ozone generator for my car, you can read more about it on https://www.damagecontrol-911.com/ozone-generators-in-the-car/. If any of you have already used it, please advise me which one I should order. Thank you in advance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts