Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I installed these and they weren't bad. I cut the holes bigger in the plastic bed rails and they went in fine. If I remember right, maybe the rear ones were a little tighter, but that was before cutting those holes a little bigger than they came. One of them shifted a little when I tied something down, but after tightening it more they have been fine. So far I've only used them to strap bikes (the pedal kind) down, so I'm not sure if a heavier load would make them shift a little. I only hand tightened them and did not crank them down hard, so I may be over thinking this piece a little. Otherwise, I'm very pleased with the tie downs and they have held up great for the 8-10 months I've had them. No rust or anything. I hope this helps and good luck, it is convenient to have the tie downs higher up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Kertster. This definitely helps. You are right having those tie downs up higher definitely help. I need it more for home and family use. I am also thinking another alternative would be a tube rails. Some have tie down holes built into them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had 2 setup in the middle of the bed (front and back) to tie down 2 500+lbs motorcycles and worked just fine for over 7 years. They never rusted although needed to dig them out of dirt piling in there.

I'm planning on having the same setup in the rebel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts