Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was out hunting and don't take the truck off the main logging roads much as I'd rather walk and hike. Well I decided to go down one road and there was a little deactivated part that was washed out a bit, guess something poked up and punctured the tranny oil pan. Was surprised to see there isn't much protection under there from this sort of thing.

As the months go on I'm becoming less pleased with this truck and wish I just kept my '14 Ram sport and just lifted it or paid a bit extra and went with the power wagon.....live and learn I guess....

·
Registered
680 Posts
For some reason, the trans pan isn't protected and I'm not sure if the warranty covers it or not. Best to install a skid plate to prevent future punctures.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Dang, I wonder what you hit? How thick is the metal on the pan? You would think it has some strength behind it. I know on my 2014 I got high centered on a chunk of cement and it dented it in good but it didn't leak. I knew I was trading it in for the Rebel so I didn't worry about it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, not warrantied obviously. It's going to be $1200cad plus tax. Apparently when you eventually go to change the tranny fluid, the parts include the pan. So this is working out to just a premature tranny fluid change lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The truck went into limp mode and eventually wouldn't let me put it into any gear. Guess when the fluid gets low it will shut everything down so it doesn't cause anymore damage.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
The truck went into limp mode and eventually wouldn't let me put it into any gear. Guess when the fluid gets low it will shut everything down so it doesn't cause anymore damage.
Well at least the truck has a fail safe feature so it you can't beat it to death...that is reassuring at least.

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's always a nice safety feature, thankfully everything is good. An early trans flush and definitely try to fab something up for a skid plate of some sort. That sucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts