Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently purchased a new TT, it is a Forest River Wildwood 273qbxl. The specs are as follows:
Dry Weight 6,118 lbs.
Payload Capacity 1,642 lbs.
GVWR 7,760 lbs
.Hitch Weight 760 lbs.
Our current TV is a 2016 Ram Rebel 1500 5,7l v8 hemi 4x4 3.92 gears
It has a tow rating of 9,950lbs, a max payload of 1,350.
And a GVWR of 6,800lbs
When doing the math myself, I feel like we will be close to maxed out on capacity, but I'm semi new to this. My husband thinks we are fine, and don't need to upgrade our TV immediately. Any thoughts from the pros here?

·
Registered
660 Posts
You're fine on towing. The Rebel can tow up to 10k really well. So your TT max of 8k is fine.

The only concern any of us have with the Rebel on something like this is the combine curb weight and GVWR of the Rebel itself. Dry curb weight is about 5,500 lbs. Add two average adults and some stuff in the back seat, you can easily surpass 500 lbs, leaving 800lbs or less for the load (trailer tongue weight).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, it'd be best to load trailer with everything we'd like to bring and keep cab of truck to a minimum of just the passengers if possible?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'd guess that depends on how much you'd like to bring. Your trailer has a max load - a little over 3/4 ton of stuff. And your truck has a max. And your trailer needs to be tongue-heavy to trail properly. Sounds like it's set for a dry trailer hitch weight of nearly 800 lbs, which is close to the Rebel's max already.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My issue's aren't with the ability but with the air suspension.. It keeps raising the tongue way to high going down the road.. I tow a trailer with the farm tractor and a debris trailer mostly....but how do I keep it from rising higher than I want?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try a drop hitch...

My issue's aren't with the ability but with the air suspension.. It keeps raising the tongue way to high going down the road.. I tow a trailer with the farm tractor and a debris trailer mostly....but how do I keep it from rising higher than I want?
Sounds like you need a bigger drop. Maybe try a ball mount with a bigger drop..
On a side note, if you plan to tow frequently, a half ton may not be the way to go. The rear end is just not as robust as that in a 3/4 ton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts