Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the market for an aftermarket exhaust (cat-back) and I am leaning towards teh Boral ATAK systems specifically part # 140307. Based upon the video's online it sounds like what the truck really needs.

https://www.borla.com/products/ram_1500_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140307.html

Just want to hear from someone who has it installed and their thoughts about drone and also from others who have installed different comparable exhaust systems.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
correction. There is no Borla ATAK exhaust for the RAM. It's the S-type which they consider "one-step" below the ATAK. I am going to research the mopar performance exhaust.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like i will settle on the Borla S-Type exhaust and K&N 77-1561KP Air Intake. I think it's a good combination.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The ATAK sounds amazing on Ford's Coyote 5.0, unfortunately they dont make it for the 5.7 Hemi. However, anything by Borla is going to be top notch quality.

Looks like this guy did a custom job with the ATAK muffler.

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Willards - i saw that video online. I'm going to stick with the s-type.

However, the K&N air intake is illegal in CA and not sold in CA. Ironically, K&N Engineering is in Riverside, CA about 20 miles from me lol. So this really bites!!! I have no idea why. Does anyone living in CA understand why K&N air intakes are considered illegal in CA?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Willards - i saw that video online. I'm going to stick with the s-type.

However, the K&N air intake is illegal in CA and not sold in CA. Ironically, K&N Engineering is in Riverside, CA about 20 miles from me lol. So this really bites!!! I have no idea why. Does anyone living in CA understand why K&N air intakes are considered illegal in CA?
C.A.R.B

Basically K&N hasnt paid the extortion fee for CARB approval.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL that explains it. I'm from New York City and moved to SoCal a little under 3 years ago. So the laws here in CA are quite amusing/confusing at times.

I'm sticking with the Borla S-Type only and factory CAI. Others on the site have recommend saving the money spent on a CAI as there is not much performance improvement. I was thinking logically that with a better exhaust why not have better intake but others who are more technical have expressed that any aftermarket CAI (unrestricted) may not provide much performance input and in the long run may not have much benefit to the motor.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks like i will settle on the Borla S-Type exhaust and K&N 77-1561KP Air Intake. I think it's a good combination.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Take some time and do a search on intakes, This subject comes up all of the time, and has been covered 100's of time. You will find that you are throwing your money away, unless you are wanting more sound and take a chance on loosing power.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. Unfortunately i will need to wait a little while longer before I get to enjoy it. I ordered my exhaust and when shipment arrived the box was pretty damaged. Took the risk of holding on to the item 1) because i was excited 2) it's really hard metal, how much damage could there possibly be?. Took it the next day to the installer, opened the box and the muffler, the stronger and hardest part of it the system, looked as if someone took a bat to it and smashed it. did not even bother taking it out of the box, got an RMA and dropped it off at UPS back to the vendor. Hoping on Monday i get a call from the vendor and get it replaced and delivered in better packaging.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just installed my Borla S-type and WOW!!!!! the truck has such a deep growl now. Anyone in the market for an exhaust system should look at the Borla S-type as a strong option for the Ram.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts