Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share a couple pics of my progress so far. I chose the granite color just so the black accents would pop a bit, and I'm loving it so far. Post what you've done as well
:)

List of truck updates:
- Blacked out grille "RAM" and skid plate
- Blacked out the chrome wheels
- Installed 5" black ceramic coated exhaust tips
- Designed and put on a vinyl truck bed graphic

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you paint the skid plate or power coat,want to black mine out , just not sure about painting it.thanks
Plasti dipped it about 4 months ago. Hasn't scratched or torn at all. Really durable stuff and can be peeled off if you don't like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Enzyme,

Do you have some more pics of your truck? Am looking to order one with the Black edition possibly in granite, essentially what you have done yourself. Do you like the contrast on the granite with the black? Does it look murdered out yet some pop with the granite from different angles or do you feel the granite is too dull?. In other words would have chosen a red or brighter color if you had to do it over again?

Sorry for the questions, I am torn on color choice to order and was looking for some feedback. Bouncing between the Red and granite at this point. Oldest son and my Pop like Red. Me and my youngest boy like the granite. I am kind of in between.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Enzyme,

Do you have some more pics of your truck? Am looking to order one with the Black edition possibly in granite, essentially what you have done yourself. Do you like the contrast on the granite with the black? Does it look murdered out yet some pop with the granite from different angles or do you feel the granite is too dull?. In other words would have chosen a red or brighter color if you had to do it over again?

Sorry for the questions, I am torn on color choice to order and was looking for some feedback. Bouncing between the Red and granite at this point. Oldest son and my Pop like Red. Me and my youngest boy like the granite. I am kind of in between.

Thanks
Hey man, great to hear you're joining the Rebel family. I personally LOVE the matte black on granite look. The only reason I didn't go with a black truck was so the black accents would stand out more, plus I don't really like "shiny" black. Red would look good as well, but I just love the black on granite. Makes it look rugged. I've attached a few more pics of things I've done recently. I added matte black Rebel badges to the driver and passenger doors, blacked out the Rebel badge on the tailgate, and blacked out the Hemi badge due to the red "5.7 liter" letters that come standard on that badge. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Your truck looks awesome.

I was not able to order one like I described above but I have essentially the same truck as you. I bought a Granite 2 tone just like yours that I was able to find on the lot. It has the running boards, sun roof, bed lighting, and keyless go. The only thing it is missing is the black edition package so I plan on starting with blacking out my front skid plate and am going to use either bed liner or textured spray paint. I love your blacked out wheels, that looks killer. I am guessing from the pics you plasti dipped them. I bought some dip and might go that route before I ultimately paint them black. Was going to use the duplicolor wheel paint and then use a matte clear. The plasti dip would be to see if I like the black wheels.

I really appreciate the extra pics.

I attached a pic of the truck. Nothing exciting at this point. Love the truck though. Traded a 2014 Durango R/T for the Rebel.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts