Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering if anyone can tell me what size the exhaust pipe is going to the tips. Was wanting to put weld on black tips on. It is 3 degrees here in western pa. Don't feel like crawling on under truck at this temperature.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Why not just unbolt the stockers from the ball joint & have them powdercoated? No cutting, no welding.

167 Posts
I like this idea. Not being a chrome fan, I think black tips would make the Rebel look even better. Please past a pic when you're finished! Might do this myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
black tips

Ive had mine done for about a month now i Just roughed my chrome ones up with sand paper and used High heat engine primer and black paint. I figured it was worth a shot since i was planning to replace them anyway! So far they are still looking great!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ive had mine done for about a month now i Just roughed my chrome ones up with sand paper and used High heat engine primer and black paint. I figured it was worth a shot since i was planning to replace them anyway! So far they are still looking great!!!
Isn't there some protector you can put above that paint layer to preserve its look? Much like what's already available for paint you put on the body? Might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Plastidip is so cheap too. You won't even be paying $20. It's worth trying out because if it doesn't work, you can always go buy some black tips instead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I want to get the exhaust tips black powder coated or black ceramic. However I don't see how the exhaust tips can be removed easily from the rest of the exhaust. They look welded into one piece. Has anyone done it?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I want to get the exhaust tips black powder coated or black ceramic. However I don't see how the exhaust tips can be removed easily from the rest of the exhaust. They look welded into one piece. Has anyone done it?
That would look awesome. In for seeing what that will look like once completed.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Can plastidip hold up to those temperatures though ?
It should. Probably not long term though. My buddy dipped his tips on his Chevy. It's been like that for over a year. I think he did touch them up once because of rock chips but that's expected.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts