Ram Rebel Forum banner

Bfg ko2 315/70/17

6K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Wireboy 
I manage a tire shop and see this quite often with over size tires. Usually the KO2's balance pretty well but sometimes they have given us trouble. What kind of machine are you using to balance the wheels? Sometimes trying a different machine like a road force balance produces better balance results on over sized tires. Also, are the balancers zero'ed out? In my shop we are good at zeroing them out by using calibrated weights.

Also, are the tires concentrically seated? That could definitely give a vibration even if the balance is spot on.

Yeah, those are all within tolerance. A balance being that little off you shouldn't feel it at all. Do you know if they were concentrically seated? Look at the gap between the wheel rim and the tire bead. Sometimes if they didn't use enough lube while mounting the tire, the tire may not have seated evenly. This would cause a vibration even if the tires were balanced well. Also, do you know if they are front coning the wheels or back coning the wheels with a pin plate on the balancer - back coning with pin plates is the correct way to balance a wheel.

So it's discount tire machine I think hunter and the guy said he road forced and moved the wheels where needed. Then they changed to new set. The read outs were like .011 and .015 and the other was .004 so they where like it good as can get. I don't know if it can get better?
also, are those measurements in ounces or grams?

Maybe have him try balancing them with grams as it's a smaller standard and will be more accurate. I would have him look to see if they are concentrically seated too. Not enough lube will not allow them to seat right and even if they are balanced out, you'll still get a vibration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.