Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the power wagon fans, here's a great piece from Truck Trend:

The Legacy Classic Trucks Dodge Power Wagon looks a lot like any other Power Wagon of its vintage. It’s got some large beadlock wheels and 40-inch tires replacing its original steelies and bias-ply rubber, but otherwise, it looks like a well-preserved original or a sympathetic restoration. However, its neat-as-a-pin style was no indicator for the fury that would unleash when we turned the key. Under the split-wing hood of both of our testers was a supercharged, 6.2L GM E-Rod LSA V-8, producing 585 hp and 580 lb-ft of torque, transforming the restomod Power Wagon into a torque-happy animal on the street and trail. These power numbers would be plenty for most, however, the extended cab 1949 Power Wagon had just left a date with the tuner where the wick was turned up to well over 600 hp. In fact, at the end of the tuning session the truck laid down 529 uncorrected horsepower to the rear wheels, leading us to believe the engine is pushing closed to 630 hp at the crank.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Those look really cool. The tires on them are something. I bet they are more capable than their vintage bodies would have you believe. 630 hp?! That is a crazy amount of power. I want to see them in action.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Those look really cool. The tires on them are something. I bet they are more capable than their vintage bodies would have you believe. 630 hp?! That is a crazy amount of power. I want to see them in action.
It's quite the change from the original, bound to get a lot of looks rolling around:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts