Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a backflip G2 (truckgear model by line -X, which I was told is made by BAK, but now carries lifetime warranty due to truckgear sticker put on it). Installed on my '16 Rebel.

By the tailgate on the rail protectors, are stake pockets, that are not covered. The ones by the cab are, but not at the rear. I can look down into it and see inside at the LED lights in the bed.. But all pictures of the backflip I see, these pockets are open. This might be a dumb question... But WTF? This is a big hole for water to get in. Does this work?

I work in construction, I got the cover so I can put my tools in the bed, to protect them from getting wet. Is my stuff in danger? Do I need to buy stake hole plugs?

·
Registered
83 Posts
That sucks

I have the revolver x2 on mine, love it, locks all way to tail gate. Love how it rolls up and doesn't block the window view. Have seen a few small spots from rain, but very small never a concern.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently installed a BAKFlip G4 on my 2016 Rebel and while the stake covers are not covered by the G4, the truck came with cheap plastic covers that I plan to eventually swap with some bull ring covers. I have had the G4 in rain and snow now with zero water in the bed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts