Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was driving into work this cold morning and noticedthat one of my defroster lines aren’t working. The only way to fix this is to replacethe entire back window? If yes, does anyone know how involved that is? I have trust issues with my dealership based on the hack job they did on replacing my instrumentcluster a couple months back.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Are none of them working? Or just a certain area that isn't working? I know on my truck, the lower left corner on the pass. side doesn't work but that was my fault... When I was taking off the in transit tags that was taped on the window, I wasn't thinking and used a razor blade, scraping off the conductive paint which in turn broke the connection for the defroster.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what do you guys think this stuff is on the inside of my back window?? This is were my one defroster line stopped working. It's very hard and takes a lot of effort to scrape it off with my nail. Is my window melting?....corrosion???

....no idea why the pics are sideways, but can still see what I'm talking about

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Usually these are conductive paint. I haven't actually looked at mine closely to be sure, though. If it is just a thin raised line where the heating element is, you can get tiny bottles of the paint at auto stores.
Yeah, I would totally do this if I wasn't under warranty. When I was looking more today, I saw some weird hard semi-transparent stuff on the defroster lines....see the pics above (post #5 ). Something doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
660 Posts
A lot of times they cover the conductive paint with a transparent paint to protect it. The transparent paint is usually just a clear version of the same stuff, without the conductive metal in it. Looks like it spread out a little bit in some places. You can razor it off the window. Use the razor to cut along the edge of the line first so you don't chip it off and break the line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts