Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What rust protection are you guys using (if any) and/or what do you recommend?
I was able to transfer my Tricor electromagnetic device (connects to battery and sends a charge) from my 2014 Sport to my new Rebel, however still considering an oil spray like Krown for that extra protection.
How Tricor works can be found here: How It Works - aprox. $800 CAD
Krown: Rust Proofing Protection on Cars, Trucks & Vans | Krown Rust Control - $139.00 CAD per year

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I've been a sole believer in just keeping it clean, the paint covered (repairing paint chips) and fluid type rust prevention. I use fluid film on my trucks. I spray in all the rust prone areas. My 2003 had zero rust when I sold it last year. I drove it 16k a year. When I sold it, she had 175k on the ticker. I live in the Midwest so rust is always a big problem.

I give my truck a good wash every week. When I was the truck I make sure to spray the pinch welds and the cab corners out. You'll be surprised how much dirt and road junk gets stuck up there even by just driving on the roads. I spray out under the fender flares and also up behind the plastic fender guards. I wash under the truck too by just spraying it down. Don't forget the pinch welds and also behind the rear tires and in the tail gate. I always spray out the water drain holes. I find that dirt and road debris get trapped there. I also hit the underside of the doors as that is a rust prone area too - under the rubber gaskets.

In the spring and fall I will buy 4 cans of fluid film and spray down my truck in all the spots that I sprayed clean. Fluid film is an awesome rust preventer.

It's tedious but worth having a clean rust free truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up a 16 with 5K miles on it today. I recently moved to Wisconsin and rust just eats cars alive here. Came from PA and it wasn't anywhere this bad. Can you let me know the brand of the spray film. I would like to protect my truck now before it gets cold

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just run it through the wash every week or so and you'll have no problems. I've lived here 17 years and not had any problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts