Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my rebel washed for the first time since i bought it in march AND HOLY ****, i had been hearing the rocks come up and slap the paint, but had no idea the tread was throwing those types of boulders at the paint. has anyone had experience with line-x to protect the rockers. i just ordered a front pair of flaps and dont care much for the running bars if i dont have to. suggestions anyone??

·
Registered
3 Posts
just got my rebel washed for the first time since i bought it in march AND HOLY ****, i had been hearing the rocks come up and slap the paint, but had no idea the tread was throwing those types of boulders at the paint. has anyone had experience with line-x to protect the rockers. i just ordered a front pair of flaps and dont care much for the running bars if i don't have to. suggestions anyone??
I had vinyl installed on mine where the factory two tone stripe would normally be. Since you can't get a black stripe on a black truck, I had a matte black stripe installed to tie together the factory matte trim. I'll try to post up some pics.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I can tell you that mud flaps don't help much with rock chips. I have had mud flaps on it since day one and after the first winter I have quite a few chips on the underside. Mud flaps help but you'll still get rocks that fly. I plan on getting my rockers and the fold (where it folds under the truck) lined with rhino liner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I havent had too many problems with chips, it seems like the side steps that came on my truck block 90% of the rocks that come up. I definitely hear the rocks bouncing off of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had my 2010 Lone Star 1500 rockers sprayed with Line-X and it came out great! It was always easy to clean and as anything covered by Line-X, protection was unsurpassed. Once I get some time, I'm going to do the same to my Rebel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts