Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just recently traded in my 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Plus about two weeks ago, and grabbed a 2017 Rebel. I wanted one when I bought the last truck but glad I waited for the "Black Package" option.
I did struggle with color selection a bit and ended up with all black.

So far I have done Tint, a Magnaflow catback system, and swapped over my trifold cover from the old truck. 20" wheels and tires are on my list.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
congrats on your truck purchase and welcome to the community! I use to have a black edition truck but it was too much work trying to keep it clean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 2017 Rebel last month here in Central FL and really enjoying it. So far, have added a Tonneau Undercover Elite LX with matching Flame Red color and had the windows tinted. Looking at exhaust replacement. Magnaflow is one option that I'm looking at, but was curious if you notice much/any drone at cruising speeds, say at 50+ mph. There are many options and I want a nice sound when idling and/or heavy throttle, but don't want drone sounds at cruising speeds. Did yours come with Alpine or base speaker system? Mine is base, so I'm looking to upgrade the speakers and probably adding a sub. For now, I'm staying with the stock wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought my 2017 Rebel last month here in Central FL and really enjoying it. So far, have added a Tonneau Undercover Elite LX with matching Flame Red color and had the windows tinted. Looking at exhaust replacement. Magnaflow is one option that I'm looking at, but was curious if you notice much/any drone at cruising speeds, say at 50+ mph. There are many options and I want a nice sound when idling and/or heavy throttle, but don't want drone sounds at cruising speeds. Did yours come with Alpine or base speaker system? Mine is base, so I'm looking to upgrade the speakers and probably adding a sub. For now, I'm staying with the stock wheels.
Can't really tell any HP difference honestly, and drone seems minimal thus far. I had a smaller MBRP cat back on my Big Horn Plus.... and it was actually louder?? Magnaflow seems more tuned but a little less angry then I was hoping for. It looks sexy though with the black 5" tips!

I do have the Alpine system again.... wouldn't have bought without it ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts